SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hawks @ UMD Bulldogs - Start of NCHC Play

brianvf

My prowess in projecting NHL futures is known by none, but I think James is nearly a lock to have a bottom six career.  I don't know if he will be skilled enough to crack a top six regularly, but he has everything you want below that.  Very fast, not small, not scared to be physical, can PK, and with enough skill to convert when an opportunity arises.  I think he's actually getting terrific career training with his current usage.

5 hours ago, AJS said:

James. That was a decision that wasn't made until after the season was over.

The answer was either Hain or Sendon. Both had better years than Spicer (and hindsight is 20/20)…but that decision might not look as good moving forward.

onto this weekends series…still salty about that decision. I predict a Sioux sweep.

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

The answer was either Hain or Sendon. Both had better years than Spicer (and hindsight is 20/20)…but that decision might not look as good moving forward.

onto this weekends series…still salty about that decision. I predict a Sioux sweep.

Hindsight is 20/20. Those two were apart of a team that was all-in on trying to win a title and provided qualities that were going to help with that vs. a player who would be in the stands. Obviously it didn't work out. C'est la vie.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Hindsight is 20/20. Those two were apart of a team that was all-in on trying to win a title and provided qualities that were going to help with that vs. a player who would be in the stands. Obviously it didn't work out. C'est la vie.

We can agree to disagree on the “in the stands” comment.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Just curious if we made ncaa playoffs last year

14 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

He didn’t want it hard enough. Flake.

Nah, I wouldn't say that. He believed in himself or what his advisors told him and made his choice. Only thing I had or have concern about is if the people around him are giving the best possible advice. He seems to be having a solid year. He made his move. 

11 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

… and then 4.5 months later Duluth wins its first of 3 national championships that decade …

F Michigan,

"Michigan played 60 minutes trying not to lose and got away with it. If they played 20 times, UND probably beats them 17 or 18 times."....Barry Melrose 

Conversation with Barry as he was enjoying a Cigar outside the Embassy Suites on Friday morning as we were heading to the Twins game....didn't make me feel any better.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, petey23 said:

F Michigan,

"Michigan played 60 minutes trying not to lose and got away with it. If they played 20 times, UND probably beats them 17 or 18 times."....Barry Melrose 

Conversation with Barry as he was enjoying a Cigar outside the Embassy Suites on Friday morning as we were heading to the Twins game....didn't make me feel any better.

I thought after 2016 we weren't going to talk about 2011 anymore?

Let's focus on this year's squad, which is shaping up to be pretty good.

26 minutes ago, petey23 said:

F Michigan,

I hear ya. There’s been a few—98, 99, 21 NCAAs—but 2011 FF has always been the toughest loss for me to swallow as a Sioux fan. 

I think Sioux were riding something like a 16 game winning streak and outshot Michigan 40 to 20.

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Nah, I wouldn't say that. He believed in himself or what his advisors told him and made his choice. Only thing I had or have concern about is if the people around him are giving the best possible advice. He seems to be having a solid year. He made his move. 

When everyone around you is going to a certain level, the team has told you the entire year what the plan is…and then the plan changes at the 12th hr…sometimes you have to take a hard look at what’s going on. Kid wanted to play college puck and he chose to do so. Zero fault whatsoever on the kid. Doesn’t change my thoughts on the program or coaching staff as a whole…just a bad situation all around.

Interesting info I just heard from an advisor…Sandy has never went back on his word, or pulled an offer. Pretty crazy if true. He told me the worst offenders and it’s interesting to say the least. I can’t corroborate this info, just what I heard from one guy.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-to-wear-helmet-stickers-for-former-minnesota-duluth-forward-adam-johnson

UND will be wearing helmet stickers for this weekend's series at Minnesota Duluth to honor former Bulldog forward Adam Johnson.

Johnson died two weeks ago when a skate blade cut his neck during a professional game in England.

He was 29.

The sticker will have his initials 'AJ' on it, along with the number he was wearing for the Nottingham Panthers, '47.'

• Like 2