SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hawks @ UMD Bulldogs - Start of NCHC Play

brianvf

18 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Do you not remember his attitude toward the team after he left here? He was a cocky dude with disrespect for the program after he left. Whereas Bast said he has nothing but good things to say about the program, he just needed a change. I was happy to see Tychonick be done after last year. I definietely took some pleasure in knowing we were the ones to end their season last year in his final collegiate game. 

If I recall, Bast made some veiled potshots at "culture", so not sure I remember Tychonick doing anything out of bounds. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, tnt said:

If I recall, Bast made some veiled potshots at "culture", so not sure I remember Tychonick doing anything out of bounds. 

Agreed. Rumors about Tychonick bad mouthing UND feels like All things Fighting Sioux Facebook group nonsense. That isn't a shot at you @hockeytherapy13. I've just never seen any.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/preview-no-4-und-at-no-18-minnesota-duluth

Minnesota Duluth is converting 36.8 percent of its power-play chances, ranking third in the nation. Nearly half of Minnesota Duluth's goals this season (14 of 29) have come on the power play.

UND will try to slow down that power play during their two-game series at 7:07 p.m. Friday and 6:07 p.m. Saturday in AmsOil Arena.

Hopefully UND can keep UMD's PP in check and at the same time get their PP rolling a little.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2023 at 1:28 PM, scpa0305 said:

Basically all the big schools. Those schools you listed were in the discussion.

But I will say, sometimes It has to be done. If “said” recruit isn’t developing or putting in the work. Sometimes tough decisions have to be made. I was more shocked when this guy randomly named dropped Sandy has never pulling a spot/scholly from a commit. I’m guessing that’s a great recruiting tool if I’m a parent of a player.

Looks like Minnesota did this to make room for Gruba, as I don’t think Yakesh is in their plans anymore.  

On 11/22/2023 at 10:56 PM, tnt said:

Looks like Minnesota did this to make room for Gruba, as I don’t think Yakesh is in their plans anymore.  

Yeah maybe. These bigger programs are in win now mode annually…unfortunately these are the outcomes. That’s why when a kid (like Eiserman) decommits, no one should overly frustrated…at least lately it seems to happen the other way around more frequently.