SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

whoever it is better use the te more....

just look at the nfl playoff teams and if they use their tes?

ravens. andrews/ likely

49ers. kittle

lions. laporta

chiefs. mr taylor swift

packers. kraft and some other guys

bills. kincaid and knox

bucs. otton

houston. schultz

just seems like we were putting tes into the nfl not so long ago on a regular basis

If this outside hire like I said earlier I can see where Chaves is not only needing to put in place extension of Bubba giving  year extension  to attract a new hire outside and if it’s highly reguarded applicant that could become head coach he may do that. Who knows there may even bigger moves in coaching under Bubba. I got to believe if they are going to go after somebody they also will want to shore up compensation with other coaches to get full commitment going forward. I still think Chaves and administration believe they are close to moving forward and don’t want to start over falling back to where they were before fighting battle of getting talent to come here against NDSU and SDSU recruiting. They are looking at there sister University of South Dakota what they did last year they didn’t fire there coach but found offensive coordinator coach and kept things in place. I know the same people here would have been calling for things to blown  up at USD because hadn’t. Moved forward because of there past performance. I think this mind set here too blowing things up are just to costly and to get back to where we are now might take years to just get here and they as administrators will not survive complete over haul. It’s easy for people here to say make sweeping changes it’s not your lively hood and effects it will have on family not to mention the coaches and people working athletic programs because this could have effect on all athletic programs.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Saw a couple first names only.  “Nick” was one and the other was something like “Dabo” The words “chuck the pigskin” wee inscribed next to the latter. 

Dang ... no "Bill B" ... no "Pete C" ... not even a "Jim H" ... 

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

whoever it is better use the te more....

just look at the nfl playoff teams and if they use their tes?

ravens. andrews/ likely

49ers. kittle

lions. laporta

chiefs. mr taylor swift

packers. kraft and some other guys

bills. kincaid and knox

bucs. otton

houston. schultz

just seems like we were putting tes into the nfl not so long ago on a regular basis

Jimmy K and who else?

Is Jake a really good recruiter like Danny? Rah-rah type or more reserved? Pound the rock offense? I remember his playing days a bit but he wasn’t as successful as a starter, which doesn’t mean you can’t be a great coach. Just trying to get a read on what we are getting. 

If it is indeed Landry, here's what the write up from the Herald said about him:

Like King, Landry is a Grand Forks native who played quarterback at a local high school and has a respected dad in prep coaching circles. Landry was a state champion quarterback at Grand Forks Central (a star baseball and basketball player, too) before starting at UND following ... you guessed it: Freund.

Landry, who has connections to offensive line coach Joe Pawlak and played at UND with defensive coordinator Joel Schwenzfeier, has a desirable resumé for this role, as he has experience at the FBS levels with time spent alongside former UND offensive line coach Rod Carey at Northern Illinois and Temple.

Landry has two seasons under his belt calling plays at St. Thomas and two more years experience calling plays in a successful stint at Division III Wisconsin-La Crosse.

Landry has also coached for two seasons at Minnesota-Duluth.

The connection to Pawlak seems like a nice upside.  That maybe can keep him at UND a while longer.

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Not that he can’t be successful but struggling to put up points in the Pioneer league when you’re St Thomas is a a talker, at least

This is what I’ve been trying to get at. He may end up successful but a blind resume isn’t that appealing, imo.