SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Does USD?  Whoever wins next week in the UND/USD matchup, will that win be a quality win?

Whoever wins next weekend could argue for a seed if they win their final game, so I’d argue the winner gets a quality win at that point. Big game next weekend. Too bad it’s on the road, and we know how that goes for Bubba ball.

10 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

However, NDSU and UND seem to be on two different trajectories.  Now that Kliemans recruits are graduated or transferred out, that program is falling fast.  They had 13K announced attendance at their last game.  The bandwagon fans are jumping ship and I’m here for it!  

Hope you’re right. 

11 minutes ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

"Where do we rank among the dakota schools?"

20231104_181050.thumb.jpg.80b6387f8210eccc91f73ce9673b6e81.jpg

While this is all in good fun, I’m not so sure a rematch with UND or USD doesn’t come out differently. A rematch with SDSU would likely still favor the Jacks. 

47 minutes ago, Dustin said:

While this is all in good fun, I’m not so sure a rematch with UND or USD doesn’t come out differently. A rematch with SDSU would likely still favor the Jacks. 

If NDSU wins out and we lose to USD but make playoffs and go on the road and go to NDSU, it's likely an SulU win and not very close. Maybe my opinion will change after the USD game though....but we'll see. 

Although I did have to screen shot his post as was a pretty good one! :D

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

If NDSU wins out and we lose to USD but make playoffs and go on the road and go to NDSU, it's likely an SulU win and not very close. Maybe my opinion will change after the USD game though....but we'll see. 

Although I did have to screen shot his post as was a pretty good one! :D

We all feel this way because UND has regressed since beating NDSU instead of riding the momentum and taking the next step forward. That is pathetic and an embarrassment that falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaches.

Now, you could say UND is 2-1 since beating NDSU, but if you watch the games and have any idea how the game of football works, do you honestly think UND has improved the entire season or is capable of beating NDSU in Fargo? Of course not. New leadership / new head coach for UND football needed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

We all feel this way because UND has regressed since beating NDSU instead of riding the momentum and taking the next step forward. That is pathetic and an embarrassment that falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaches.

Now, you could say UND is 2-1 since beating NDSU, but if you watch the games and have any idea how the game of football works, do you honestly think UND has improved the entire season or is capable of beating NDSU in Fargo? Of course not. New leadership / new head coach for UND football needed.

Are they as healthy as they were vs NDSU?  

11 hours ago, homer said:

Are they as healthy as they were vs NDSU?  

Majority of starters are still in place. Losing Ziebarth and McNaboe hurts, but other teams have injuries also. Doesn’t only affect UND. Need to coach up the younger guys and know how to overcome it. Having your starters on return teams a decision worth questioning? Can’t continually play the “poor me” game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Majority of starters are still in place. Losing Ziebarth and McNaboe hurts, but other teams have injuries also. Doesn’t only affect UND. Need to coach up the younger guys and know how to overcome it. Having your starters on return teams a decision worth questioning? Can’t continually play the “poor me” game. 

No one is playing the poor man game but there are certainly guys injured that affect play calling.  I think it’s showing depth is an issue.