SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

1 hour ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

So do they do their regular pre-game stuff when this happens? Or is it too awkward and they kind of just resume as if the game was still going yesterday?

Just roll a handful of fans in bumper ball costumes out there for five minutes, then drop the puck.

Nothing about Omaha’s performance on Friday instills confidence in me that they will win this afternoon. Looks like the one area of concern with DU is perhaps their goaltending and/or play in the defensive zone. I mean, Omaha did score 4 goals on Friday which normally should give any team a high percentage chance at winning any hockey game. 

CC has their own set of problems. I saw a stat last night on the scoreboard that says CC’s underclassmen have scored 30 of their 41 goals and have accounted for like, 66 of the teams 106 points. I’m going for memory here so I may be off on the exact #’s but you get my point. Glass half full? Or half empty? Long term, very encouraging that the freshmen and sophomores are competing and having success but discouraging in the sense of what the upperclassmen are (or are not) delivering. 

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

What’s funny is that all the players and coaches literally could’ve walked about a hundred feet over to the Joy Burns arena and immediately resume play but if you saw the lighting in there you’d understand why that would be a non-starter. 

But what about the fa…. Never mind … 

6 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Nothing about Omaha’s performance on Friday instills confidence in me that they will win this afternoon. Looks like the one area of concern with DU is perhaps their goaltending and/or play in the defensive zone. I mean, Omaha did score 4 goals on Friday which normally should give any team a high percentage chance at winning any hockey game. 

CC has their own set of problems. I saw a stat last night on the scoreboard that says CC’s underclassmen have scored 30 of their 41 goals and have accounted for like, 66 of the teams 106 points. I’m going for memory here so I may be off on the exact #’s but you get my point. Glass half full? Or half empty? Long term, very encouraging that the freshmen and sophomores are competing and having success but discouraging in the sense of what the upperclassmen are (or are not) delivering. 

Actually, a pretty poor call for a 5 min major was the difference. Denver was down 2 at the time and being pretty much played even up to that point. Denver is sloppy in their own end, and vulnerable because of it…

7 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Actually, a pretty poor call for a 5 min major was the difference. Denver was down 2 at the time and being pretty much played even up to that point. Denver is sloppy in their own end, and vulnerable because of it…

Stop the press, Denver getting a questionable 5 minute power play!  Say it isn’t so!

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, tnt said:

Stop the press, Denver getting a questionable 5 minute power play!  Say it isn’t so!

There was a boarding penalty by a Denver player, Matikka? at the end of the game.  Denver got away with this last year at the end of a game, and likely will again.  It is amazing how they get away with all this stuff.  I am sure it will not be looked at by the NCHC gang.

6 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Funny how it always seems DU getting the benefit of calls like that at Magness. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Michigan has been having some injury woes.  McGroarty, one of their early season goalscoring leaders, missed at least one game this past weekend.  I also think they were playing some d-men up front.

If anyone can screw it up for the NCHC, it's SCSU.  However, they seem to be playing a bit better, and maybe they're catching Michigan at a good time.  Plus, they're at home.