SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

SWSiouxMN

I stopped going to the games in person and it's so hard to watch them on TV. They don't look like a team. I have never seen a player play worse defense then Hurst.  NDSU beat this team by 30 plus. Next weekend should be fun 

I noticed a lot of chirping at the refs today 

a couple times a player was chirping and St Thomas quickly headed up the court and scored while UND player was no where to be found on defense

miss a shot hurry back on defense, not rocket science 

• Upvote 1

This team had couple steps forward but now we have taken couple of steps backward. Last night you could see they spent mor time on defensive schemes but then would have mental breakdown leading to score. The offense was pretty much none there last night with exception of second quarter. The turnovers just make it impossible for them to have any offense consistency. The offense is just impatience  trying to force the offense instead of working the basketball and reversing around to create open shot. Bernhard and coaching staff last night wasn’t quick enough to make changes when we getting beat by mismatches on the floor. NDSU is going to eat our lunch on Saturday if we play like we did last night. I could see loss of more than 30 points and Bernhard better have game plan to get the offense going. I see our athletic ability and you here it by opposing coaches but so far we haven’t reach point where we play smart enough to take advantage of of this athletic ability and I wonder if it’s going to happen this year.  I believe this is crunch time for Bernhard for her its time for coach this team to fix these problems become more of elite.coach by getting this team to step up and get to another level. If she can’t do this her longterm future becomes question because she needs to she can compete with other top coaches in the league. She has been in league four years and it’s time for her to show this growth because she has had time to find players and coaches to prove she has put together winning program.

11 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The fact that Hurst get minutes is ridiculous 

Way too much playground play, she isn’t going to pass and ends up with a turnover