SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

40 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I'd flip 1 and 3 around.  

I’m not as confident in the shooting as you are. Trent, King, Brooks, and Mayar may be sub 30% 3 point shooters next year. Omot was only 30% last year. He’ll likely improve but how much? TT was 34.5%. Treysen only one likely to be in that 38-40% range and he’s not a spot up shooter like Norman. 

11 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Is there really any 4s on the roster? We know from last year Omot needs to play the 3. Mayar may be the only option at the 4 unless I’m forgetting someone. 

Wouldn’t you say T is more of a 4? Shooting and rim protector are 1a and 1b for me. 

3 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Wouldn’t you say T is more of a 4? Shooting and rim protector are 1a and 1b for me. 

Thinking about it now I’d flip 2 and 3 on my list. Im sure T could play the 4 if we had a true 5 to play beside him. I just don’t think that’s coming based on there being no reported offers to any 5s that fit that description. I just think it’s a little odd the staff didn’t seem to think it was a need. Maybe they think the length and athleticism of Omot and Mayar could be enough? 

49 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Thinking about it now I’d flip 2 and 3 on my list. Im sure T could play the 4 if we had a true 5 to play beside him. I just don’t think that’s coming based on there being no reported offers to any 5s that fit that description. I just think it’s a little odd the staff didn’t seem to think it was a need. Maybe they think the length and athleticism of Omot and Mayar could be enough? 

Would rather a true big bruiser. Must not be any out there.

11 hours ago, GoodGood said:

Offensively T "could" play the 4, but then he probably loses his advantage based on matchups. He gets loose on the perimeter when he has 5's on him and they get lost. And T cannot guard 4's consistently, especially smaller 4's. Barring foul trouble T will play 30 mpg at the 5 spot this year and Mayar, open scholly, and BJ (probably at least 5 mpg) will man the 4 spot.

20 hours ago, GoodGood said:

If Tyree doesn't get a waiver my biggest question marks heading into next year would be 

1. Shooting

2. Point Guard play

3. Rim protection 

My question marks would go:

1. Shooting

2. Rim Protection

3. Point Guard Play

2 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

This has to be a top half of the Summit team next year.  

You got most of the roster from last year back, you added some good pieces.

Now you got to deliver on it. 

So what are you saying 

18 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

So what are you saying 

I expect big things this year.

Outside of SDSU and NDSU... tell me who UND should be worried about right now?

DU and KC are starting over practically, WIU has a new coach, USD has a new starting 5, ORU and UST will be tough but have key losses.  Omaha could be ready for a step up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2