SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

On 10/23/2023 at 7:16 AM, Kassonvike said:

Trying to follow UND sports is getting expensive.  So now I need an nchc sub for hockey, espn plus sub for football, and now I also need a summit league streaming package for basketball.  Oh and make sure you have a serviCe that Carrie’s CBS sports network for select games and tournament.

The Summit League streaming package is midco sports plus which is airing 9 of UND's 11 FB games this year.  You don't need ESPN+ to watch fb for the rest of the season.  Can cancel your membership if you have one.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

The Summit League streaming package is midco sports plus which is airing 9 of UND's 11 FB games this year.  You don't need ESPN+ to watch fb for the rest of the season.  Can cancel your membership if you have one.

I can't believe they're actually not going with ESPN at all for basketball games. It seems like everybody uses ESPN/ESPN+ which made it nice to have that one subscription and be able to watch the majority of all college basketball games. Now need a second subscription...

21 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Midco Sports + will have all the Summit League games home and away for all teams.  You will probably need ESPN+ to watch the non-conference away games however.  

2 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I can't believe they're actually not going with ESPN at all for basketball games. It seems like everybody uses ESPN/ESPN+ which made it nice to have that one subscription and be able to watch the majority of all college basketball games. Now need a second subscription...

Why? ESPN doesn't pay, they don't provide any ancillary programming, and they don't care to broadcast anything on linear TV other than the conf championship games.  They treat leagues such as the Summit like crap.  Screw them.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Why? ESPN doesn't pay, they don't provide any ancillary programming, and they don't care to broadcast anything on linear TV other than the conf championship games.  They treat leagues such as the Summit like crap.  Screw them.

I was strictly talking about is as a fan or viewing perspective. Was nice to have the majority of games all in one place. 

8 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Espn+ service is terrible.  Last year missed some of the UND because of the service.  I finally dropped them.  Now Disney is trying to on load ESPN because it is bleeding cashflow.  Disney has no offers for ESPN.  They are in a death spiral unless someone buys them and turns it around.

1 minute ago, Nodak78 said:

Espn+ service is terrible.  Last year missed some of the UND because of the service.  I finally dropped them.  Now Disney is trying to on load ESPN because it is bleeding cashflow.  Disney has no offers for ESPN.  They are in a death spiral unless someone buys them and turns it around.

Yeah I guess I haven't had these issues that you unfortunately had. I was always happy with the ESPN+ subscription and what I got from it. 

6 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Was it?  Because at least half the conference wasn't on ESPN last year...

I guess I should have clarified when I said "majority of games". I am talking about ALL of college basketball. Not Summit League only. You could watch High School, D3, NAIA, D2, Mid-Major, Big 12, ACC. You could watch it all. As a basketball fan, that was great to have and the reason why I'll keep ESPN+.

I'm sure Midco will cover the Summit as a whole exceptionally well. As a viewer, it just stinks to have to get another streaming service for just one conference. 

18 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I guess I should have clarified when I said "majority of games". I am talking about ALL of college basketball. Not Summit League only. You could watch High School, D3, NAIA, D2, Mid-Major, Big 12, ACC. You could watch it all. As a basketball fan, that was great to have and the reason why I'll keep ESPN+.

I'm sure Midco will cover the Summit as a whole exceptionally well. As a viewer, it just stinks to have to get another streaming service for just one conference. 

It's an improvement from last year though, no?

The key will be getting synergy between Midco and NCHC.tv, getting that all under one umbrella would be nice.  Hopefully that is coming.  It would also be nice if CBS Sports games were available on Paramount Plus.  Not sure why they aren't.  Some are available on the CBS Sports HQ app on Roku, but it's a total crapshoot on which ones.

1 hour ago, nodakvindy said:

The key will be getting synergy between Midco and NCHC.tv, getting that all under one umbrella would be nice.  Hopefully that is coming.  It would also be nice if CBS Sports games were available on Paramount Plus.  Not sure why they aren't.  Some are available on the CBS Sports HQ app on Roku, but it's a total crapshoot on which ones.

I'd like to see midco go after the CCHA when their flo contract ends.