SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday night with Duluth-Spicer's Revenge???

Wilbur

16 minutes ago, tnt said:

Unfortunately, picking someone to cheer for other than UND has become something UND fans have had to deal with in regionals and Frozen Fours way too often lately

My girlfriend and I are going to the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert at U.S. Bank Stadium the first Saturday in April. So I guess I won't have to "pick someone to cheer for".

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

I’ve seen CC’s remaining schedule. I don’t know if he should pat himself on the back too hard yet. 

For sure.  We've had a horse-crap of a season, but we're still only 5pts behind CC.
We're not getting home ice for sure, but 5th place is not out of the question at all.  That'd put us at UNO or WMU for 1st round...which I would take over a trip to SCSU/DU any day...even if the end result is still probably gonna be the same since we can't win 2 games in a weekend to save our lives.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Irish said:

So - it's come down to this - We have the best facilities, the best attendance and a fan base that travels like no other, destination games, 8 Nattys, and a proven system of developing NHL talent and we are anticipating an ass-kicking from St. Cloud?  After watching tonight's game something is seriously wrong with our program - and nothing is changing especially our play.  Time to clean house?  Sadly Chaves likes to renew 5-6 coaches.

Didn't you get the memo? Wins and losses take a back seat to "teaching life lessons" (extreme sarcasm) :silly::glare::angry:

8 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I’ve seen CC’s remaining schedule. I don’t know if he should pat himself on the back too hard yet. 

Exactly, I don’t see any games as games we can’t win, if we quit shooting ourselves in the foot right when the game is on the line.  

26 struggled mightily in the first then was replaced by 18. 18 looked good. 21 just will not give an inch in front of the net. 13 had a few golden opportunities. 10 looked frustrated all night. 28 had a solid game. 

UMD rolled 4 lines with a bunch of Fr. Friday.....UND rolled 3 lines most of the night. UMD seemed to have more jump in the first this game.

Good to see a better than .900 save % both nights.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Exactly, I don’t see any games as games we can’t win, if we quit shooting ourselves in the foot right when the game is on the line.  

But why this late in the season would that change? We are who we are(check our record).The whole season has been Groundhog Day. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GDPritch said:

But why this late in the season would that change? We are who we are(check our record).The whole season has been Groundhog Day. 

Pump the brakes, Mr. Negativity!  There is still plenty of hockey left to be played this season, amiright?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Pump the brakes, Mr. Negativity!  There is still plenty of hockey left to be played this season, amiright?

I have them not losing the weekend of February 3-4 so........yes!

• Upvote 1

The Ralph used to be a very tough place to play, these players just sleepwalk through most games. Is this Berrys coaching style or indifference from the players. His gosh darn fella attitudes is ruining the culture he preaches. He played for Gino, coached under Blais and Hakstol but his style is not getting it done. Close to being a Rube Bjorkman. with all the advantages this program has this team should at least be competitive and for long stretches they are not. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, jk said:

It does suck, for sure, but if he hadn't done everything he could to try to win this year, don't you think people would be on here complaining about that?  "Could have loaded up and gunned for a title, but played it safe."

The Spicer thing has been beat to death, but seeing how good Strinden is, I get it now.  As for the D, I don't think it was a master plan to not bring anyone in, I think their pipeline stagnated.  That's no one's fault but theirs, but it wasn't like they deferred someone who was ready. 

My issue was his “loaded up” was bringing back two solid, but not great 5th year forwards. I could be misremembering, but I don’t recall people doing backflips when that was announced. I agree it wasn’t a master plan on defense to have 0 Freshman, but incredibly frustrating. This will cause them to dip into the portal again this year. So no, I don’t think people would have complained, because many questioned those moves to begin w/. 

• Upvote 2

Wondering what happens to players when they get here, Johnson, James , McLaughlin , and others were awesome players in juniors the they get here and get worse , maybe trying that round hole square peg thing. You can’t even spin this , this coaching staff does not develop players at all. Time for a fresh start IMHO. 

• Upvote 2