SiouxSports.com Forum

Duluth visits REA.

Wilbur

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Well, to be fair, UND didn’t LEAVE town, so your point is moot.  Sandelin will have his boys ready while Berry will be debating on what jerseys to have the kids wear.  OT shootout loss on Friday and the Bulldogs earn the Sunday morning mimosas after a W on Saturday night.  

I'm guessing there isn't any debate on what jerseys to wear anymore. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I didn't realize Morrow had 33 points last year from the blue line....Interesting....

...and he is leading UMASS in scoring this year.  Not sure if it would make our defense any better with the three of them, but maybe we could score more five on five.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Yeah Halliday Rizzo and Morrow on this team and things are a little brighter. 

Yes we can say Halliday and Morrow but not to beat a dead horse but again Rizzo de-commit caught the coaches by surprise. They thought he would be here last year. 

1 hour ago, I Ranger said:

I think this is the biggest whiff in recruiting so far. Bringing in a player who clearly wasn't ready (and still physically isn't in year 2) for college hockey instead of Morrow who was told he needed a year in the USHL. Yes I know there were other rumors/circumstances that lead to his de-commit but it all started with Berry telling him he needed to play USHL when clearly the player brought in needed another. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Spicer is holding on line 3

A lot of people here would love to know what you two know about these private conversations between a coaching staff and a potential player. Please share what you can. I understand that you probably don't have permission from the parties involved to share everything you know.

5 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Yes we can say Halliday and Morrow but not to beat a dead horse but again Rizzo de-commit caught the coaches by surprise. They thought he would be here last year. 

So they worked a couple years with him through his injuries in the BCHL, and then he bolted at the last minute with no communication?  

4 minutes ago, N of GF said:

A lot of people here would love to know what you two know about these private conversations between a coaching staff and a potential player. Please share what you can. I understand that you probably don't have permission from the parties involved to share everything you know.

I do believe the request by UND and denial by Spicer to do a USHL year was reported by the GF Herald. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I do believe the request and denial by UND for Spicer to do a USHL year was reported by the GF Herald. 

I think you're right about that. So, that's the whole story? UND requested, Spicer walked. Everything was great, otherwise?

6 minutes ago, N of GF said:

I think you're right about that. So, that's the whole story? UND requested, Spicer walked. Everything was great, otherwise?

I know what GFH reported.

I've observed that NTDP players believe, right or wrong, they're ready to jump right to college. Some are; some are not. 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I know what GFH reported.

I've observed that NTDP players believe, right or wrong, they're ready to jump right to college. Some are; some are not. 

Spicer did a video interview on Rink Live where he said "I've gotta do what's best for me" when asked about it. Can't believe he wasn't ready for it with a better response. He wasn't ready, and both Judd and Hain should have waited too.

52 minutes ago, tnt said:

...and he is leading UMASS in scoring this year.  Not sure if it would make our defense any better with the three of them, but maybe we could score more five on five.  

I was told that he wasn't a team first guy, and the coaching staff walked away from him. 

12 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

was eades bring them all here or who wash 

Eades is the same as Berry and Sandy. They are legacy-1980s hockey guys.

Can we jump into this century, when speed and skill and team defense began to be emphasized over dump and grind. See: Jon Cooper.

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Eades is the same as Berry and Sandy. They are legacy-1980s hockey guys.

Can we jump into this century, when speed and skill and team defense began to be emphasized over dump and grind. See: Jon Cooper.

Thinking about it, UND has the same problem in football: Our head coach still coaches like his 1980s mentor. 

The game has changed. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Closed doors players only mee...........never mind.

Love the promo on NHL Radio on SiriuxXM:
Not sure who is talking but says he was in probably 40 closed door meetings as a pro and only one triggered any real change. 

• Upvote 1