SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Then Feeney bounces one and you overboard him ...
Then Romfo bounces one and you overboard him ...
Then Jerry bounces one ... no, wait, no bounce but should've ... pick six.

take this one step further....on the smith bouncer.

does that throw get more talk if it's 3rd and 2 from the NDAC 12 down 2 with 30 seconds left in the 4th and tommy hits smith in the ankles.......oh well ...just a little chip shot for our kicker and we knock off the mighty mighty bizons...........dawhoops...lacse in....dawhoops...kick wide left.

good lord what happens?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

Based on??

Based on he's obviously winning enough for Bubba to still have a job. Trust me Tommy's not on the top 20 list of things that are really wrong with this team.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

there is a threshold now you have to meet to be a sioux fan?

For sure there is. They don’t know this yet but in the basketball forum we’re going to establish a minimum post per game day thread or else you’re not a real fan. There was a big controversy last year when some posters weren’t posting enough on certain nights 

• Upvote 4

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

The podcasts are from ... you can do this ... UNDFootball360, just like that X feed, and that's the same three people. 

not really what you/we are arguing about...been following KELLY at und360 on twitter since he started it....i check out his webpage from time to time and very rarely listen to his podcasts and when i do i recognize his voice bc i've know him since he was 15 or so and the other voices whether or not they are co-hosts or guests i don't really know or care who they are...

question was "did you know that that shannon is bubbas' brother"? ..simple answer i didnt' (which might explain a few things which is what the original poster was pointing out earlier)...i knew lowell was but he's passed recently.

there is a threshold now you have to meet to be a sioux fan?

Not sure what you think I'm trying to say here.  If you're a fan, you're a fan, regardless of if / how much you donate, if / how many games you attend, if you do/don't tailgate, etc.

I listen to the podcast.  I assume that others who listen to the podcast are also pretty interested in the program.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Photoshopping our own players like this is Lame AF.

Sometimes it isn't all the surprising when how people really feel accidentally leaks through.
It is really strange that there is a vocal, core group who seem to enjoy any failure or struggles from UND and the athletics program.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Based on he's obviously winning enough for Bubba to still have a job. Trust me Tommy's not on the top 20 list of things that are really wrong with this team.

switching qb's could actually change some things....what if trey or jerry came in and started making some chunk plays and picking up first down with their feet......stretching the 20 yd box to 40plus?  rb's would benefit...oline would benefit from that.....what if we actually had a lead and our defense could look up at the scoreboard and see us leading instead of down 20?

no jumping on the neilson train but he benched camp for a younger guy  and they had the upset of the year so far in fargo last week.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Sometimes it isn't all the surprising when how people really feel accidentally leaks through.
It is really strange that there is a vocal, core group who seem to enjoy any failure or struggles from UND and the athletics program.

I think you’re onto something!

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

switching qb's could actually change some things....what if trey or jerry came in and started making some chunk plays and picking up first down with their feet......stretching the 20 yd box to 40plus?  rb's would benefit...oline would benefit from that.....what if we actually had a lead and our defense could look up at the scoreboard and see us leading instead of down 20?

no jumping on the neilson train but he benched camp for a younger guy  and they had the upset of the year so far in fargo last week.

I'm a big Feeney fan. 

• Upvote 2

The team was 2-5 when Camp got benched for Bouman. USD also finished the season 1-3 last year in games he started.
That's a completely different situation than where UND is currently sitting.
Bouman was also a 4-star FBS transfer in his 3rd year of college football (last season), slightly different pedigree than a true freshman.

17 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

The team was 2-5 when Camp got benched for Bouman. USD also finished the season 1-3 last year in games he started.
That's a completely different situation than where UND is currently sitting.
Bouman was also a 4-star FBS transfer in his 3rd year of college football (last season), slightly different pedigree than a true freshman.

Great insight!

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

No doubt the podcast is of high quality, but is it a true representation of the program?  I would say mostly it is, but Like I said before, how much are true feelings reserved because you’re talking to the brother of the coach?

I agree the podcast is high quality and we are fortunate to have it as I look for to it every week. I also agree they can't give their true feelings currently because of Shannon, but I think they all do a good job. But when Bubba retires I'd hope Shannon would stay on, he knows lots of history etc.. Although I get we don't want to totally live in the past either.  I'm hoping Danny being named Associate HC....develops into him being HC this off season barring some miraculous turn around and is winning a bunch of big games. Even then I think it's time, but it just won't happen if that happens. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the kid in sodak that beat the bizons is a ......................................lefty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Todd Bauman rule in college on scramble rules is the St. Cloud State receivers would all do deep cause the old Man had a frick'n cannon!! (interesting side note)  Bauman's son is the USD QB for those not following.

• Upvote 3