SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 NHL Season

cberkas

On 11/4/2022 at 6:39 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Oh hey, look who is now tied for 2nd in the Pacific.

People need to follow the advice of Mike Tice more and calm down

It's early yet, but they seem to be playing great hockey.  I am still not sure if they have an answer for their Achille's heal last year in net, but they have a little more offense this year to make up for it.  Who knows, Hakstol might still be in Philadelphia if they had an answer in net there.   They didn't bring Hart up until Hakstol was gone, so I find it odd that they let Hakstol go when he traditionally has teams perform better after the New Year, and even more odd because they didn't give him a viable NHL goaltender. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cberkas said:

Kris Letang had his second stroke while in the NHL, first in 2014. I feel one should probably keep you from playing again because of player health. 

I'm not sure I'd want to be on the ice with him at this point. Imagine being the guy that bumps him and he never gets up. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 108498 said:

I attended my first ever NHL game tonight. I am happy to say that the Ralph is 100 times better. UND hockey has a very special home. 

Amenities vary, of course, but it’s not quite apples to apples, especially depending on your venue. The REA would benefit from connected, covered parking, on-ice projection equipment, and a bustling neighborhood for pre- and post-game entertainment.  Structurally, the upper concourse at REA is a bit narrow, but that ship sailed when the plans were drawn.

It does rival big-time facilities, even if on a smaller scale.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 7:00 AM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Amenities vary, of course, but it’s not quite apples to apples, especially depending on your venue. The REA would benefit from connected, covered parking, on-ice projection equipment, and a bustling neighborhood for pre- and post-game entertainment.  Structurally, the upper concourse at REA is a bit narrow, but that ship sailed when the plans were drawn.

It does rival big-time facilities, even if on a smaller scale.

I agree completely The neighborhood development to create more of "thing" is lacking, it would take some insight,  some vision, a hell of an investment and the removal of the biggest waste of real-estate around the region (the soccer field)

The showed Western standings on NHL Network last night. 

Me thinking looking at SEA: #3 in Pac looks good. Five up on CAL and EDM. Nice. Few points back of second. Solid. ... WAIT. They've got five games in hand on second place and two or three on the chasers! WOW. They better in standings than quick glance shows! 

• 2 weeks later...