SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 NHL Season

cberkas

Anyone notice ESPN/Weeks announced CBJ at 3 before Bill Daily did? Happened just as they went to commercial before announcing the top three draft picks order.

Only the top three picks didn’t go chalk. 1-2-3 became 3-1-2 … and Bedard goes to Chicago market, not Anaheim or Columbus, … how fortunate for the league … 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cberkas said:

Reynolds is out in the bid to purchase the Senators. Does sound like he’d like to own a NHL team. 

Too bad for Ottawa. Sounds like Reynolds group wanted to own the Ottawa Senators and Snoops group wants to own a professional franchise. 

Not that the other group would be bad but maybe won't be as interested day to day as far as the "celebrity" and promotional part of the ownership does.

Coyotes Arena vote failed.

It's going to be interesting to see what the group will build in that area.

There was talk ASU wanted to use the arena as the new basketball arena, ASU hasn't used up all their land so maybe they talk to ASU again. The old Fiesta mall location where people wanted the arena to be. Do they talk to the Suns about sharing a arena again. Then you have the tribal land that was where everyone was thinking it would get built.

Now the new one is they are going to sell the team. 

On 5/14/2023 at 4:50 PM, sioux rube said:

IMG_7004.jpeg

14 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Yes.

Kansas City, Houston, ANYWHERE.

Hell... put them in Quebec City and right another wrong here people!

If I squint a little I can connect that the Arizona Coyotes are the oldest NHL franchise never to appear in the Stanley Cup finals.  Need better ownership, better senior leadership, and obviously a real NHL arena.  (and yeah maybe they jointly build with ASU which would be fine; ASU basketball certainly needs a new home). 

3 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Kyle Dubas out as Maple Leafs GM.

Drain stopper is out of the tub.
How much do they drain. 

His televised antics during Game 5 told me it was his time to go. He came across as immature. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Drain stopper is out of the tub.
How much do they drain. 

His televised antics during Game 5 told me it was his time to go. He came across as immature. 

His press conference to end the season made it souls like he was gone or at least leaving. 

Word is Keefe is gone too, his las press conference made it sound like he was done or at least people think he knows he’s gone. 

No Dubas, no Keefe, I'd guess Willy Nylander is on the trading block.

Dubas said he'd never trade him. Nylander is the best value they have for return. Teams can take on his current deal (about $7M) and are still getting value so they'll be willing to give back what TOR asks for. 

I was listening to the Steve Dangle Podcast and it was brought up by Chris Johnson that Dubas was talking calls on all players except JT. It was brought up that the big 4/5 feel they are untouchable, and Marner saying “we all have long contracts” put them in the crosshairs. 

• 3 weeks later...