SiouxSports.com Forum

The Front Office of UND Athletics

The Sicatoka

11 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Do you think this means that Sanford is going to use that land they purchased to build a new hospital in Grand Forks?  

Eventually they will build something

i see it as a win for Grand Forks and should not hurt Altru 

will help expand Grand Forks to the south 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Kab said:

Eventually they will build something

i see it as a win for Grand Forks and should not hurt Altru 

will help expand Grand Forks to the south 

Totally agree that Grand Forks is big enough to handle to hospitals.  Definitely will help develop the south end.  Bismarck had two hospitals when their population was less then Grand Forks.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NewUndFan said:

Totally agree that Grand Forks is big enough to handle to hospitals.  Definitely will help develop the south end.  Bismarck had two hospitals when their population was less then Grand Forks.  

They also take in a huge area around them.  GF not so much, a lot of people in the area go to Fargo.  

50 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

They also take in a huge area around them.  GF not so much, a lot of people in the area go to Fargo.  

If we had a Sanford hospital here those people would not need to go to Fargo and we have a large Canadian population that we could draw from.  

On 6/15/2023 at 2:05 PM, Bison Dan said:

And that would support another hospital?  Altru days are numbered.

If those people are already going to Fargo any ways how would that affect Altru?  Grand Forks is big enough for two hospitals in my opinion.  

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Big step - they are ripping the band aid off. I have no issue with this as the students on campus now have only known the Fighting Hawk as their official nickname and all teams have embraced it except for hockey. 

• 2 months later...

Any "live and on the scene" reports from the Pollard for this?

https://calendar.und.edu/event/frederick_d_pollard_athletic_center_addition_groundbreaking_ceremony 

https://thegrandcities.com/2023/08/18/groundbreaking-set-for-pollard-center-addition-2/ 

Side note: people who don't normally wear hard hats should not wear hard hats

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/16/2023 at 1:17 PM, NewUndFan said:

If those people are already going to Fargo any ways how would that affect Altru?  Grand Forks is big enough for two hospitals in my opinion.  

It is just not Grand Forks but the rural communities coming to Grand Forks for medical - which helps the local businesses.