SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-19, 0-10) vs DU (8-16, 4-7) 2/3 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

i've never seen a big guy more clueless in the paint than zz since james baird......mathews needs to start and zz needs to figure out his mental problems.....

horrible loss... been a sather apolgist but this was a horrible "choke job"...(and im on suspension with paul)

• Upvote 1

This was like watching NFL game where the team goes in prevent defense and then the team drives up field and scores easily to beat your team. Soon as Dosch said they needed to work the clock on possessions i had this bad feeling because that was communicated to the team  from Sather and we went from attacking the basket to playing the clock. With this team when things are going right don't change how they are playing especially when were playing good basketball. This change brought back negative thoughts and effected their confidence and yes it may be smart play to control the time but not with this team they are terribly inexperienced and we just need to get couple of wins. Sometimes you can over coach a team and i thought tonight it wasn't time to teach this team to control the ball and run the clock out. What you didn't need was to give other team chance to start coming back on them and that is exactly what happened. This is first time i think Sather got out coached with x and o's and reason is this team is so young now on the floor and they have zero confidence in themselves because all season they have played hard but always come up short and he let that creep into their play.  I am afraid the season is pretty much over and we will not be going to Sioux Falls next month. We will need to win 4 out 7 games  and that is providing that Ohama doesn't win anymore games to end of the season and only positive we do play at home most of the games but for team that hasn't won since December i think its pretty much expecting miracle. 

When UND hit 69 points, my head said "put up 75 and DU loses". My math said, at the time, DU wouldn't get to 76 given where they were and remaining regulation time. 

What I saw from that point on was a bunch of guys who, here it comes, look young. Because they are. 

They have no "grizzled veteran" on the floor to show them how to close out a game. 

I put that on the quitters, the guys who portal'd to "greener pastures". One, just one, of those guys would've made a difference last night. 

One thing to switch topic on how bad we blew a 20 point lead last night...  I seen A'Jahni Levias was dressed for the game for the first time last night.  I dont think it has been talked about?   I am sure he is still red shirting, but nice to see him on the court with the team.   Its hard to tell if he will help the team or not.  Anyone have any knowledge on his abilities ?  

58 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

One thing to switch topic on how bad we blew a 20 point lead last night...  I seen A'Jahni Levias was dressed for the game for the first time last night.  I dont think it has been talked about?   I am sure he is still red shirting, but nice to see him on the court with the team.   Its hard to tell if he will help the team or not.  Anyone have any knowledge on his abilities ?  

From what I have heard from Dosch on the Reaching The Summit Podcast, he could have been someone that could have shored up some of the weak spots this team has in terms of athleticism. Put put really good JUCO numbers last year in his only season.

• Upvote 1