SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Bracketology

farce poobah

UND has just as good a chance of beating anyone in this tournament. Let the chips fall where they may and let the boys play. We will get placed in an unfavorable regional and I am sure we wouldn’t have it any other way. Time to roll. I don’t really care much of the outcome of the NCHC tournament, we are already in the NCAA tourney.  Sure it would be nice to be a higher seed but it is what it is and the boys will be ready. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, crb1 said:

UND has just as good a chance of beating anyone in this tournament. Let the chips fall where they may and let the boys play. We will get placed in an unfavorable regional and I am sure we wouldn’t have it any other way. Time to roll. I don’t really care much of the outcome of the NCHC tournament, we are already in the NCAA tourney.  Sure it would be nice to be a higher seed but it is what it is and the boys will be ready. 

I don't think it matters much this year.  They look like they will all be tough and I bet many are hoping UND isn't in their regional.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clark17 said:

I don't think it matters much this year.  They look like they will all be tough and I bet many are hoping UND isn't in their regional.  

As in who do you want from the second band?  WMU - nope, UND - nope, Quin or Irish, a guy could live with that I guess.

On 3/13/2022 at 6:05 PM, cberkas said:

I got them to #3 and #4

On the flip side, I played around with it a little, and the lowest I could get UND (if they lose the first game to WMU), is #8 in the PWR.  Maybe there's other arrangements that get them lower.
I could get them as high as #3 and as low as #8.

16 minutes ago, brianvf said:

On the flip side, I played around with it a little, and the lowest I could get UND (if they lose the first game to WMU), is #8 in the PWR.  Maybe there's other arrangements that get them lower.
I could get them as high as #3 and as low as #8.

I had the last two Boston school out and UMass out

1 minute ago, ND_Texan said:

So is drawing to an inside straight.

Again, feel free to elaborate why you don't think it'll happen. If the season ended right now, we would be the second highest 2 seed and DU the third No. 1 seed. So, it's not super hard to consider them flipping our match up into Loveland to increase attendance elsewhere.

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Again, feel free to elaborate why you don't think it'll happen. If the season ended right now, we would be the second highest 2 seed and DU the third No. 1 seed. So, it's not super hard to consider them flipping our match up into Loveland to increase attendance elsewhere.

Correct...if the season ended now. However the current situation will change with this weekend's games since one of those two teams is going to lose, making the current situation a different situation. In other words, the current situation can't remain status quo. 

6 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

P.S. PM me with the amount you'd like to wager.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, ND_Texan said:

Correct...if the season ended now. However the current situation will change with this weekend's games since one of those two teams is going to lose, making the current situation a different situation. In other words, the current situation can't remain status quo. 

Just now, ND_Texan said:

P.S. PM me with the amount you'd like to wager.

Right, but you are implying it's a done deal they won't be in Loveland. Which is why I asked why you thought that way. If it's just a hunch, that's fine. Was just wondering what made you think that because it's totally possible and a very good chance of it, actually.

Buddy, this isn't a wanger-swangin' contest.... I'm asking why you think it won't happen. I'm not challenging your intelligence, here. 

If the season ended today, the bracket would send us to Loveland. If Denver ends with 3 and UND with 6, or the teams finish as 4 and 5, we’ll go there. Otherwise we will head east. 

We are not going to be sent there for attendance purposes because Denver is there, and with minimal eastern teams in this tournament this year we may draw decent out East to help attendance there as well. 

3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

If the season ended today, the bracket would send us to Loveland. If Denver ends with 3 and UND with 6, or the teams finish as 4 and 5, we’ll go there. Otherwise we will head east. 

We are not going to be sent there for attendance purposes because Denver is there, and with minimal eastern teams in this tournament this year we may draw decent out East to help attendance there as well. 

I wasn't implying we'd be sent to Loveland for attendance. I was saying they'd flip our band out east to help attendance elsewhere. 

Personally, I'd be good with a regional final where Nick Portz skates stride for stride with Matty Berniers to the corner, where Carson Albrecht teaches him about the boards and checking, and Griffin Ness picks his pocket clean, again. And all the while the announcers blather on about how surprised they are that Owen Power might only be the third or fourth best defender in the game. I could watch and listen to that game. ;) 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Personally, I'd be good with a regional final where Nick Portz skates stride for stride with Matty Berniers to the corner, where Carson Albrecht teaches him about the boards and checking, and Griffin Ness picks his pocket clean, again. And all the while the announcers blather on about how surprised they are that Owen Power might only be the third or fourth best defender in the game. I could watch and listen to that game. ;) 

I absolutely want a shot at Michigan. No doubt. 

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

I absolutely want a shot at Michigan. No doubt. 

Of today's top four (Mich, Minn, DU, and Mankow), Michigan scares me the least: Get out and get on them and get up one and see how the handle the pressure of UND rolling four and having to chase. 

After last year, I fear MSU-Mankato may be on a mission. 

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

Of today's top four (Mich, Minn, DU, and Mankow), Michigan scares me the least: Get out and get on them and get up one and see how the handle the pressure of UND rolling four and having to chase. 

After last year, I fear MSU-Mankato may be on a mission. 

I agree with that, but they are also a team that could punch us in the mouth and we'd never recover. They are absolutely explosive. But, they don't like to be hit or pressured. That will be their Achilles' Heel in the tourney, no doubt.

I've seen Mankato a couple times. Very good. Very deep. Incredible structure. Minny is playing great, and DU has basically been great since we swept them. This tourney feels as wide open as it has in a long, long time.

I could see a Q'piac / MSU final ... where after the 0-0 regulation, followed by the thirty-fifth scoreless OT the NCAA changes the rules such that if you cross the attacking blue line and maintain possession of the puck you win.