SiouxSports.com Forum

Let's Help Bubba - HPC2

UND Fan

32 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Thanks to all siouxsports.com members who have helped our FB program with over $61,000 in equipment and technology improvements since the fall of 2017.   The FB coaching staff and athletic department certainly appreciate our assistance.

I would like your input on the following:

One of these days (hopefully sooner than later), an announcement will be made that UND is ready to move forward with Phase II of the HPC (Pollard Center).  Completion of this along with Memorial Village (athletic offices) will enable UND to fully compete with other FCS schools for recruits and provide an outstanding practice facility for athletes in many UND sports.

Undoubtedly, the budget will not be able to fund something the football program (or the facility) could really use.  It would be great if ss.com members could assist in providing whatever need there may be.  I would assume the cost would be $40-50,000.  Before spending time preparing for this (yes, we have quite a bit of time right now), I would like to get some feedback as to whether this is feasible.  We would want an objective that is attainable - it would be disappointing and a bit embarrassing if we came up well short of the goal. 

A few things to consider:

• As I have mentioned with each LHB drive, many of us already are Champions Club members and/or assist UND athletics in other ways.  Plus I know some will make donations directly to the project once it is announced.  The ss.com effort would again be over and above what many of us already do.  
  • To be successful, many of us would need to double or triple our LHB donations and we would need a bunch of members/guests to make their initial donations.  Gifts of $25-100 will be necessary for us to be successful.    
  • To assist with the fundraising, we would not run our normal LHB campaign during this time.
  • We would expect UND to make a big deal out of our involvement including a plaque noting ss.com made this room, equipment or whatever possible.  Doing this would undoubtedly bring exposure to ss.com and likely result in our gaining new members.  I think we would all enjoy having more UND fans/supporters on this site.    

I ask that you either post your thoughts here or send me a PM.  You don't need to provide any $ amounts, just let me know whether you think we could be successful and whether you would increase your gift.  No one needs to be concerned about the privacy of your input or that I would try to hold you to your comments.  I know who a very few of you are and I don't think too many people know who I am.  Heck, a live almost 2,000 miles from GF so this won't be discussed at a downtown bar!!  

If anyone has an idea how we could put a whole different "spin" on our involvement, give us your thoughts.

Thanks! 

Would we be doing the fundraiser this fall/winter?  

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Would we be doing the fundraiser this fall/winter?  

It would be great if it was announced that soon but, realistically, we won't know what is needed until the final plans are drawn up and construction is about to start.  

43 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

It would be great if it was announced that soon but, realistically, we won't know what is needed until the final plans are drawn up and construction is about to start.  

I agree BUT Bubba will have some input/review. Of course something will need to be cut. If we start now, Bubba will have some $$ behind him when requesting. Also, the FFE (furniture, fixtures, and equipment) fund always get shorted at the end. I trust Bubba to do what is right. I would also be interested, this early, in a multi-year pledge. This is quite common in fundraising…like a 3 year pledge.

I would be happy to bump my gifts to an important project.

I think, that in seeking to expand the circle of givers, and/or increase gifts from those who are already giving, 

it would be very helpful to understand the benefits to UND football (and / or other UND sports if so), and how that helps our athletes development, safety, and winning percentages.   

Connect the dots, as it were.

Thanks!

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Though mine are normally very small, I too would at least triple mine for this cause. 

Same.  I think we could raise a good chunk of money.  Especially if some type of message about this were to be stickied on the ss home page.

• 7 months later...
On 8/17/2021 at 3:08 PM, UND Fan said:

Thanks to all siouxsports.com members who have helped our FB program with over $61,000 in equipment and technology improvements since the fall of 2017.   The FB coaching staff and athletic department certainly appreciate our assistance.

I would like your input on the following:

One of these days (hopefully sooner than later), an announcement will be made that UND is ready to move forward with Phase II of the HPC (Pollard Center).  Completion of this along with Memorial Village (athletic offices) will enable UND to fully compete with other FCS schools for recruits and provide an outstanding practice facility for athletes in many UND sports.

Undoubtedly, the budget will not be able to fund something the football program (or the facility) could really use.  It would be great if ss.com members could assist in providing whatever need there may be.  I would assume the cost would be $40-50,000.  Before spending time preparing for this (yes, we have quite a bit of time right now), I would like to get some feedback as to whether this is feasible.  We would want an objective that is attainable - it would be disappointing and a bit embarrassing if we came up well short of the goal. 

A few things to consider:

• As I have mentioned with each LHB drive, many of us already are Champions Club members and/or assist UND athletics in other ways.  Plus I know some will make donations directly to the project once it is announced.  The ss.com effort would again be over and above what many of us already do.  
  • To be successful, many of us would need to double or triple our LHB donations and we would need a bunch of members/guests to make their initial donations.  Gifts of $25-100 will be necessary for us to be successful.    
  • To assist with the fundraising, we would not run our normal LHB campaign during this time.
  • We would expect UND to make a big deal out of our involvement including a plaque noting ss.com made this room, equipment or whatever possible.  Doing this would undoubtedly bring exposure to ss.com and likely result in our gaining new members.  I think we would all enjoy having more UND fans/supporters on this site.    

I ask that you either post your thoughts here or send me a PM.  You don't need to provide any $ amounts, just let me know whether you think we could be successful and whether you would increase your gift.  No one needs to be concerned about the privacy of your input or that I would try to hold you to your comments.  I know who a very few of you are and I don't think too many people know who I am.  Heck, a live almost 2,000 miles from GF so this won't be discussed at a downtown bar!!  

If anyone has an idea how we could put a whole different "spin" on our involvement, give us your thoughts.

Thanks! 

Any update on this? 

3 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I think we will hear something about the project fairly soon.  
Unfortunately, I received limited feedback on my proposal regarding ss.com involvement. 

Maybe I am too optimistic, but if it’s promoted well ahead of time, I do believe we can raise a significant amount. People would be more inclined to give to this project than equipment, and the equipment fundraisers seem to always exceed expectations thanks to your help! 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Maybe I am too optimistic, but if it’s promoted well ahead of time, I do believe we can raise a significant amount. People would be more inclined to give to this project than equipment, and the equipment fundraisers seem to always exceed expectations thanks to your help! 

Let’s raise 7 mil and have the new football locker room named after this forum. The SS Bunker or something…

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I think we will hear something about the project fairly soon.  
Unfortunately, I received limited feedback on my proposal regarding ss.com involvement. 

So they are literally choosing to not fundraise for this?  They have zero interest in the general public buying in to the program?  I sure hope the money is locked up if that's the case.  But even if it is, why not raise money to make it better?  

47 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

So they are literally choosing to not fundraise for this?  They have zero interest in the general public buying in to the program?  I sure hope the money is locked up if that's the case.  But even if it is, why not raise money to make it better?  

Where in hell did you get that from my post?  They are out there every day trying to raise $ for Phase II.  They want to raise all the money possible to make it a first class venue. 

I was referring to the response to my post (see above) of August, 2021.  I was suggesting Let's Help Bubba type of fundraising from members of ss.com for Phase II.  I received very little feedback.

Please don't write crap like you did when you don't know what is happening!!  You never know when a potential recruit or their parent are looking at this type of website.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

Where in hell did you get that from my post?  They are out there every day trying to raise $ for Phase II.  They want to raise all the money possible to make it a first class venue. 

I was referring to the response to my post (see above) of August, 2021.  I was suggesting Let's Help Bubba type of fundraising from members of ss.com for Phase II.  I received very little feedback.

Please don't write crap like you did when you don't know what is happening!!  You never know when a potential recruit or their parent are looking at this type of website.

I interpreted your post to mean that UND wasn't interested in a Sioux Sports fundraiser: "Unfortunately, I received limited feedback on my proposal regarding ss.com involvement. "  I apologize for my misinterpretation, and I now understand that there wasn't enough feedback from Sioux Sports members.  If UND wasn't interested in a fundraising effort from Sioux Sports, I would stand by my initial post, but I'm glad to hear that wasn't the case.  I didn't know what the circumstances were, correct, and that's why 3 of my 4 sentences were questions.  With potential recruits that may be interested in such a project, it's odd that UND hasn't really done much to hype the project, so sorry for being cynical.  Usually schools have fundraising web pages with renderings and descriptions, or they provide meaningful updates.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I interpreted your post to mean that UND wasn't interested in a Sioux Sports fundraiser: "Unfortunately, I received limited feedback on my proposal regarding ss.com involvement. "  I apologize for my misinterpretation, and I now understand that there wasn't enough feedback from Sioux Sports members.  If UND wasn't interested in a fundraising effort from Sioux Sports, I would stand by my initial post, but I'm glad to hear that wasn't the case.  I didn't know what the circumstances were, correct, and that's why 3 of my 4 sentences were questions.  With potential recruits that may be interested in such a project, it's odd that UND hasn't really done much to hype the project, so sorry for being cynical.  Usually schools have fundraising web pages with renderings and descriptions, or they provide meaningful updates.

I can confirm from a recruit that was in Grand Forks last weekend for junior day that this was a topic of discussion for potential recruits and him and his family left very impressed with the plans for this and the plans for the west side grand stand that was just torn down.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, homer said:

I can confirm from a recruit that was in Grand Forks last weekend for junior day that this was a topic of discussion for potential recruits and him and his family left very impressed with the plans for this and the plans for the west side grand stand that was just torn down.  

That is GREAT to hear.   It just seems to me that UND is acting like this stuff is a big secret or something.  Sorry if I'm off base here.