SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

9 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Mel Pearson and his fellow weasels are now #1 in the pairwise...wonder where they would be if they hadn't ducked Western in the GLI?  #gutlessturds

2nd according to CHN.  Still baffles me that a coach would do this to his team.  Was a great chance to give other players not normally in the line up playing time vs quality opponent.  He is going to need those same players now during the Olympics.  

1132097A-7A4B-4079-A919-DD2E62D9A64E.png

• Upvote 1

What is the likelihood that we see a couple of Michigan "Blue Chippa's" turn pro after the Olympics based on this story?

Report: Michigan Hockey Program Being Investigated For Various Allegations : College Hockey News

This should be the end of Mel Pearson in college hockey.  Unfortunate, since I thought well of him at Tech.  Must have let the Michigan blinders think nothing could touch him there.  See how the corrupt NCAA handles this situation.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, KSSioux said:

What is the likelihood that we see a couple of Michigan "Blue Chippa's" turn pro after the Olympics based on this story?

Report: Michigan Hockey Program Being Investigated For Various Allegations : College Hockey News

This should be the end of Mel Pearson in college hockey.  Unfortunate, since I thought well of him at Tech.  Must have let the Michigan blinders think nothing could touch him there.  See how the corrupt NCAA handles this situation.

Felt the same way about Pearson up until the cancelation against Western. Quite the fall from grace over the past month. Can't imagine anyone in college hockey sticking up for him now.

5 hours ago, Godsmack said:

If you’re an Omaha fan, at what point do you start to question coach Gabinet? I know this is only year 4 but I don’t get the sense the program is growing and moving in any sort of direction. They’re kinda staying the same. 

I’d say he gets a fifth year, he has a bunch of recruits in the pipeline but much more of this they’ll scatter. They can’t seem to put in the effort, that’s either Gen Z or coaching. Losing games to those you should beat is inexcusable. I will say, CC can be a tough out at times.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Godsmack said:

If you’re an Omaha fan, at what point do you start to question coach Gabinet? I know this is only year 4 but I don’t get the sense the program is growing and moving in any sort of direction. They’re kinda staying the same. 

That was after getting swept by Denver. 

I don't see Omaha firing Gabinet because of how they hired Gabinet. When you say you are doing a national coaching search then promote the associate head coach who was hired the year before.