SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

45 minutes ago, ubish said:

All those covid seniors coming back means we have a ton of players.  I didn't realize it was THAT many, but hopefully that means the future is bright. 

Largest roster is AIC (32), smallest DU (26)
Sioux- 27, again/CHN 

Thought I'd give Duluth a look since they seem like an older lineup:

13 Seniors (two of them backup goalies).  Will for sure only lose 5 of those players:  Anderson (D), Roehl (D), Roth (F), Bender (F) and Gilling (F).  Thought they'd have a big turnover in roster but don't lose as many as I thought they would.  Even if they lose a guy like Fanti to some pro offers, they bring back Stejskal who thankfully is winning his battle against cancer.  

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Thought I'd give Duluth a look since they seem like an older lineup:

13 Seniors (two of them backup goalies).  Will for sure only lose 5 of those players:  Anderson (D), Roehl (D), Roth (F), Bender (F) and Gilling (F).  Thought they'd have a big turnover in roster but don't lose as many as I thought they would.  Even if they lose a guy like Fanti to some pro offers, they bring back Stejskal who thankfully is winning his battle against cancer.  

I bet Cates leaves too rather than return for his extra covid year.  And you have to think the majority of their seniors will leave...Sandelin can't risk messing up his recruiting pipeline by having 6 of his seniors return.  Olson might get some offers to leave rather return for his senior year.

Even if Olson returns, they still will lose 4 of their top 6 scorers from this years team.
If their seniors leave, they only return one goal scorer (Biondi) with more than 6 goals scored on the year.

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Adidas just changed college sports forever. I see ASU players benefitting the most from this, at least at first.

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/2022/03/adidas-is-creating-an-nil-network-for-college-athletes-at-sponsored-schools.html

So they are no longer "student athletes", they are "professional athletes who happen to be students".

4 hours ago, bcblues said:

So they are no longer "student athletes", they are "professional athletes who happen to be students".

But are they ‘students’ really. Once this starts do they have to maintain grades and all while making more money than their professors? This is the end my friends, the rotten end…

7 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Did starman/holden just imply that an uncalled penalty can be assessed as a minor penalty after review?  My understanding is only a major can be called unless the call was made on the ice at the time of the incident.

Yeah I heard him say that as well...those two have been calling NCAA games long enough to know that isn't the rule...5 or nothing is the only call

• Upvote 1