SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2004/05 Updates

jk

the Spuds averaged 1,347 fans per home game this winter. Though that figure is still well below the actual average paid attendance -- Hulbert estimated 90 percent of season-ticket holders were regulars at boys hockey games -- it was more than the NCAA Division I North Dakota State University men's and women's basketball teams until Saturday's doubleheader against South Dakota State.

:silly:

Nice find.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That article on moorhead also included something Sioux fans will laugh at, check this out.

the Spuds averaged 1,347 fans per home game this winter. Though that figure is still well below the actual average paid attendance -- Hulbert estimated 90 percent of season-ticket holders were regulars at boys hockey games -- it was more than the NCAA Division I North Dakota State University men's and women's basketball teams until Saturday's doubleheader against South Dakota State.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are the Sioux basketball teams averaging for attendance ?

I don't like either team but I hope he goes to Wisky, otherwise the Goofs are going to be a dominant team next year that will be a National championship favorite from the get go. He will be a impact player immediately.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Both UW and UM are going to be very good with or without Kessel next year. The Badgers will benifit most by getting him as they will have the scoring depth they are lacking this year (and last year as well.) With the team discipline Eaves has installed I would expect them to have a dominant season.

If the Gophers get him I think they will post numbers like the '01-'02 champs offensively, they as usual they will still give up plenty of goals and suffer an inconsistant stretch after the holidays. As March/April approached nobody would want to face them.

Both UW and UM are going to be very good with or without Kessel next year. The Badgers will benifit most by getting him as they will have the scoring depth they are lacking this year (and last year as well.) With the team discipline Eaves has installed I would expect them to have a dominant season.

If the Gophers get him I think they will post numbers like the '01-'02 champs offensively, they as usual they will still give up plenty of goals and suffer an inconsistant stretch after the holidays. As March/April approached nobody would want to face them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is this team discipline you are talking about, sagard? Earl, Licari, and Burish didn't seem to buy into it.

What is this team discipline you are talking about, sagard?  Earl, Licari, and Burish didn't seem to buy into it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More defensively responsible than disciplined I guess. At least compared to the Gophers they seem so. When the Gophers played UW it seemed like the only odd man rush they got was the penalty shot.

Anyone know what is going on with Les Reaney. I kind of wonder if it wouldn't be a good thing to have an older freshman on the team to possibly lead the younger players. It seemed to work with Panzer, Blake, etc. Just a thought.

From what I've read on the BCHL board, you'd be getting an older player who has trouble with his weight.

If true, it's no real surprise that even though he appears to want to go to college, no one has coughed up the big schollie.

Anyone know what is going on with Les Reaney.  I kind of wonder if it wouldn't be a good thing to have an older freshman on the team to possibly lead the younger players.  It seemed to work with Panzer, Blake, etc.  Just a thought.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

USCHO article

Les Reaney, F, Williams Lake (BCJHL)

You'd think that the leading scorer in the British Columbia Junior Hockey League (78 points in 45 games) would have it made at this point. Nothing left for him to do but finish out the year, pack his bags and head off to school. The only problem is Reaney doesn't know what school that will be ... and he's getting impatient. "It's been frustrating," he admitted. "I wish it was done already. It'd be a lot of weight off my shoulders."

The schools have called, but nobody has knocked his door down at this point. Ideally, Reaney would like to remain within driving distance of his hometown of Ceylon, Sask. He recently visited Alaska-Fairbanks, and Merrimack has made a bid for him as well.

The short list: North Dakota, Alaska-Fairbanks, Merrimack, Maine, Wisconsin, Michigan

The frontrunner: North Dakota has always been Reaney's dream destination, but the lack of a solid offer and Reaney's frustration could lead him to take the Eastern route. That could end up being Merrimack or Maine.

interesting you should ask,this was in the herald today from virg foss..

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/s...ta/11047119.htm

The BCHL's leading scorer, Les Reamey, says he wants to play at UND, but the 20-year-old has not signed with any college.

very good size for a goal scorer!!!

REANEY, Les

Current Team: Williams Lake TimberWolves

Jersey Number: 23

Position: C

Height: 6' 2"

Weight: 225

Hometown: Ceylon, SK

Shoots: Left

Date of Birth: July 8, 1984 (20 years)

Anyone know what is going on with Les Reaney.

One thing Sioux fans can be happy about is we have the best 3 players at the state tourney this year. I was worried about Vandevelde, but after his performance last night, no need to worry. Cant wait to see him tonight. Lee is in another league compared to the other highly ranked defensemen at the state tourney (Niskanen, Hummel, Connley). All three guys are showing why they are up for Mr. Hockey.

Les would bring some great size to the Sioux. That would be very interesting if they picked him up. Haveing the 1,2, and 3 in scoreing on the same team with Toews could bring same exciting hockey with a lot of goals scored. Plus Watkins which is currently in 10th for points and very fast.

The BCHL's leading scorer, Les Reamey, says he wants to play at UND, but the 20-year-old has not signed with any college.

REANEY, Les 

Now that Hak doesn't have to keep a scholie open for Kessel (jk, my poor attempt at humor), he should sign Reamey now.  A mature, big freshman that can score?  Yeah, I'd say the Sioux could use that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know there are other good players out there as well. Dee comes to mind. When it comes to finding talent I will defer to Hak as he seems to do well on that front.

REANEY, Les 

Let's see....

Leading scorer in the BCHL is trying to knock down Hak's office door (and from what you read on the 'net has the "size" to do it) and Hak's apparently not opening.

I wonder why that is?

Hak wants a new office door? :huh:

Mr. Reaney is a July '84 DOB. He'd be 21 at the start of the season and as such wouldn't he be limited to just three eligible NCAA seasons?

EDIT: Guess not.

14.2.3.5 Participation after 21st Birthday.

In sports other than tennis, any participation as an individual or a team representative in organized sports competition by a student during each 12-month period after the student

Green Bay got shellacked (sp) 9-1 last night. Miller didn't play because of this, from a GB paper:

--------------------------

Forward Brad Miller is out for the rest of the season with a torn rotator cuff. Miller is second on the team with 13 goals and was on the Gamblers