SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

TSA does feed our fear of terrorists and we subject ourselves to inappropriate searches and pat-downs from them.  The invasion of privacy has simply become an accepted part of life.  For some reason, having my crotch scanned and patted down by a stranger is ok and a necessary evil, but placing a piece of cloth over my face is where we draw the line.  Based on Burgum's new quarantine rule exempting mask-wearers, it seems the lawmaker (technically the governor isn't supposed to create law, but emergency declaration = nobody cares about checks and balances) is hoping masks will allow decisions to be made without fear.  Mask mandates aren't causing closures, positive COVID cases are (right or wrong).

I have never had my crotch patted down by the TSA. In Nevada by a professional is another story.... but never at an airport by the TSA. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

TSA does feed our fear of terrorists and we subject ourselves to inappropriate searches and pat-downs from them.  The invasion of privacy has simply become an accepted part of life.  For some reason, having my crotch scanned and patted down by a stranger is ok and a necessary evil, but placing a piece of cloth over my face is where we draw the line.  Based on Burgum's new quarantine rule exempting mask-wearers, it seems the lawmaker (technically the governor isn't supposed to create law, but emergency declaration = nobody cares about checks and balances) is hoping masks will allow decisions to be made without fear.  Mask mandates aren't causing closures, positive COVID cases are (right or wrong).

Would you agree that invasion of privacy has the ability to go too far? If so, where is the line for you?

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I have never had my crotch patted down by the TSA. In Nevada by a professional is another story.... but never at an airport by the TSA. 

Certain cleaning solutions IT staff use on iPads and other electronics can cause a false positive test for gunpowder/explosive residue.  It's not a pleasant experience.

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Of course.  We crossed it after 9/11 and haven't looked back.

So you feel we've already gone too far and continue to go too far? Yet are arguing that more invasion is a necessary evil to help people feel protected?

26 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Bingo.....well said.

I do think it will really help others wear masks if they realize they won't have to be quarantined for 2 weeks just from an exposure standpoint.

I wish in ND there would be statistics of those who were quarantined for 2 weeks that never got symptoms or tested positive. It would be a much higher % than most think.

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So you feel we've already gone too far and continue to go too far? Yet are arguing that more invasion is a necessary evil to help people feel protected?

I guess I don't consider mask wearing to be a privacy issue, but I also never stated support for mask mandates.  Mask wearing (by choice) is incredibly simple and an easy way to get certain people to leave their basement and back to work and shopping, which we all want/need.

11 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Certain cleaning solutions IT staff use on iPads and other electronics can cause a false positive test for gunpowder/explosive residue.  It's not a pleasant experience.

Fair enough to question how effective TSA is, but some level of security is needed.  I compare TSA to having a deadbolt on your door.  It won't stop everything, but it does provide a deterrent.

As to the comparison some make to masks.....I consider the one time high and tight pat from the TSA less of an intrusion than being mandated to wear a mask 24/7 in all aspects of life........however they do have in common that their effectiveness is questionable.  

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I guess I don't consider mask wearing to be a privacy issue, but I also never stated support for mask mandates.  Mask wearing (by choice) is incredibly simple and an easy way to get certain people to leave their basement and back to work and shopping, which we all want/need.

I would agree with you if it had lead to a give and take from the governor, at least in Minnesota. You can't have it both ways though. Mask mandates in public and continued restrictions on restaurants and schools.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bison06 said:

I would agree with you if it had lead to a give and take from the governor, at least in Minnesota. You can't have it both ways though. Mask mandates in public and continued restrictions on restaurants and schools.

Agreed.  Either you believe masks work (Burgum) or you're simply making life as inconvenient as possible in order to make it appear you care (Walz).

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Evers just shut Wisconsin bars and restaurants down to 25% capacity - and many of them had no idea this “emergency order” had even gone into effect!

If I'm a restaurant owner in Wisconsin right now I'm shutting it down. 25% capacity might as well be 0%. Restaurants can't operate at that capacity.

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Evers just shut Wisconsin bars and restaurants down to 25% capacity - and many of them had no idea this “emergency order” had even gone into effect!

It's almost like Walz and Evers can't help themselves from continuing to issue mandates that keep Trump's chances of winning those states alive.  

16 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Agreed.  Either you believe masks work (Burgum) or you're simply making life as inconvenient as possible in order to make it appear you care (Walz).

Rednek and Timeformydouche1 should be lockstep with Burgum on this one.

4 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

It's almost like Walz and Evers can't help themselves from continuing to issue mandates that keep Trump's chances of winning those states alive.  

It’s simply unbelievable at this point.  Almost like the Biden campaign is ordering them to do whatever it takes to keep/turn their respective states blue.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Redneksioux said:

I don't see impartiality. Can you detail how they clearly show masks to be ineffective?

No I won't. If you can't look at those graphs and see that cases go up invariably following mask mandates then nothing I say will convince you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

It’s simply unbelievable at this point.  Almost like the Biden campaign is ordering them to do whatever it takes to keep/turn their respective states blue.

Soon it will be outdoor dining only....but Evers will wait for the snow to fly before declaring that mandate.

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Who is calling for all of that? Nothing to see here right?

Nothing to see here in terms of Biden adding more Supreme Court justices or imposing a “national mask mandate” either, is there?

I can’t recall an amendment to the Constitution saying the President can rule by waving a magic wand and yelling, “IT IS SO ORDERED AND IT SHALL BE DONE!” 

• Downvote 1