SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (8-11, 2-3) @ NDSU (12-6, 3-1) 1/19 1 PM

SWSiouxMN

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

He shot 22 times.  Would hope he could get that many points.

UND had no one that could come close to guarding him. My NDSU buddy said he normal shoots it better. Sather would swap for him in a second. He was the most talented player on the floor and it wasn't close.

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

UND had no one that could come close to guarding him. My NDSU buddy said he normal shoots it better. Sather would swap for him in a second. He was the most talented player on the floor and it wasn't close.

He'd swap for Vinnie in a second as well.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Who said he wouldn't? Just pointed out he shot 22 times, which is alot.  

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I will say this..........Sather can coach. IMO he'll turn this program around if he can recruit. 

Agree.  Huge improvement over Jones.  We will see if he can recruit.  The cupboard was fairly bare. I am not sure bringing Danielson along was a good move. Is he on a a scholarship? As an NDSU fan, when Richman puts Quayle in the game I always question if he really doesn't have someone better to put in (I know he does). I am guessing if I were a UND fan I would be saying the same when Danielson enters a game. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Agree.  Huge improvement over Jones.  We will see if he can recruit.  The cupboard was fairly bare. I am not sure bringing Danielson along was a good move. Is he on a a scholarship? As an NDSU fan, when Richman puts Quayle in the game I always question if he really doesn't have someone better to put in (I know he does). I am guessing if I were a UND fan I would be saying the same when Danielson enters a game. 

Danielson at best is a marginal reserve at this level IMO. Obvious today he will be limited by his athleticism.  With better talent on the roster moving forward not sure he plays. D2 really would be he's wheelhouse.

13 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I've seen the other two guards behind him play... I'd take Brady getting the minutes.  Truth is, he is the best guard off the bench right now (since Moody is hurt).  He does have a scholarship

I like what he is bringing in next year, but yeah... this stretch has shown just how empty things are right now, especially when down a guard.   Some tough decision are going to have to be made in the offseason.  I could see UND having zero seniors on next years squad. 

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I've seen the other two guards behind him play... I'd take Brady getting the minutes.  Truth is, he is the best guard off the bench right now (since Moody is hurt).  He does have a scholarship

I like what he is bringing in next year, but yeah... this stretch has shown just how empty things are right now, especially when down a guard.   Some tough decision are going to have to be made in the offseason.  I could see UND having zero seniors on next years squad. 

I didn't hear, did he sign any in the early signing period?  And I am assuming DAE has shown more in previous games than he showed today? My guess is today was an off night for him? 

4 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I didn't hear, did he sign any in the early signing period?  And I am assuming DAE has shown more in previous games than he showed today? My guess is today was an off night for him? 

The Bergan kid from Aberdeen Central (Walter replacement) , Nate Shockey out of Illinois (an answer at point guard) and Tyree Ihenacho (athletic guard from Prior Lake).  

That was a clunker from DAE.  His biggest thing holding him back is his outside shot from really blossoming into a star.  Still a lot to like with him so far this year. 

13 minutes ago, UNDhoops said:

i think danielson will eventually be good enough to play at this level (and he's shown some flashes already). i just wish he were the 9th man or so rather than the 5th best player on the team

Yeah, it doesn't help that he is thrown into the fire since Moody is out with injury and Davids and Panoam didn't step into the void.  Surprised Sather hasn't tried Ethan, wouldn't hurt.

Wonder why they redshirted Ramsey?  I wonder if he could have been of help at all this year

6 hours ago, Kab said:

I would think a lot,of,these bench players will be somewhere else next year 

9 point game and you can point to about 4 or 5 possessions that cost the game

they make theirs and we piss ours away 

You could plug this post into last years game as well.  Just had the same feeling in this game as well.

It is becoming obvious that Sather is going to stick with these 7 and not play anyone else unless there is foul trouble, blowout or a hot hand (or until Moody is back and then it will be 8).  

Going to be an interesting offseason, that is for sure. 

14 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Yeah, it doesn't help that he is thrown into the fire since Moody is out with injury and Davids and Panoam didn't step into the void.  Surprised Sather hasn't tried Ethan, wouldn't hurt.

Wonder why they redshirted Ramsey?  I wonder if he could have been of help at all this year

Should tell you a little about Ramsey when the team has no depth whatsoever and he is redshirting.

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Should tell you a little about Ramsey when the team has no depth whatsoever and he is redshirting.

That might be the case and you could (and might be) right, but I am hoping that it was for other reasons that aren't basketball related. (didn't he need to pass an entrance exam to get eligible? So it could be academic related)

21 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That might be the case and you could (and might be) right, but I am hoping that it was for other reasons that aren't basketball related. (didn't he need to pass an entrance exam to get eligible? So it could be academic related)

Could it also be that it will be beneficial to him and the team in the long run to redshirt? I think Sather likely knew how this season was going to go and though Ramsey and Hazenkamp were redshirt candidates and they agreed. 

10 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Could it also be that it will be beneficial to him and the team in the long run to redshirt? I think Sather likely knew how this season was going to go and though Ramsey and Hazenkamp were redshirt candidates and they agreed. 

There is also this idea as well.