SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (8-11, 2-3) @ NDSU (12-6, 3-1) 1/19 1 PM

SWSiouxMN

12 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I've seen the other two guards behind him play... I'd take Brady getting the minutes.  Truth is, he is the best guard off the bench right now (since Moody is hurt).  He does have a scholarship

I like what he is bringing in next year, but yeah... this stretch has shown just how empty things are right now, especially when down a guard.   Some tough decision are going to have to be made in the offseason.  I could see UND having zero seniors on next years squad. 

I agree Brady is going a very good play in the coming seasons.  If we had Moody yesterday UND wins that game.   Next with the new recruits our 3 point shooting will be better.  Still need another big for the long run.  Maybe G and develop to take up some of the defensive stops but right now not quick enough.

4 hours ago, dmksioux said:

Is Marko Coudreau really that bad of an option to not even get a few minutes to spell Rebraca?  It was tough watching Brown trying to post up up the defender yesterday.

When the coaching change happened, I felt out of all the sophomores  not named Rebraca or Moody that he would have benefited.  He was in the rotation earlier in the year but since that injury he has been out of the rotation and relegated to mop up duty.  

isn’t he still super young for his age? Or am I thinking of someone different?

On 1/19/2020 at 10:13 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

I've seen the other two guards behind him play... I'd take Brady getting the minutes.  Truth is, he is the best guard off the bench right now (since Moody is hurt).  He does have a scholarship

I like what he is bringing in next year, but yeah... this stretch has shown just how empty things are right now, especially when down a guard.   Some tough decision are going to have to be made in the offseason.  I could see UND having zero seniors on next years squad. 

A few observations:

• Danielson certainly isn't going to be a star but he has played well in many games this year.  We would have 2-3 more losses (including Nebraska) had we not had him.  He should be a good player off the bench for the next three years - I don't expect him to be a starter.
  • I think Eikens has good potential but I expected him to better than he has shown.  No knock on the kid but he was highly recruited - I thought he would be an impact player this year.  He will be good, hopefully, very good!
  • I think G will be a good ball player for us.  Too bad we couldn't have red-shirted him this year.  
  • Sather wants to win.  If he thought that playing more than the 7 players would give us a better chance of winning, he would do so.
  • That said, with so little depth, many players will not be back next year.  The challenge is that we need to be recruiting their replacements now and, until you have the "heart-to-heart" conversations with the kids who won't be back (which will happen after the end of the season), it is difficult to be bringing a bunch of prospects in for visits.  I am sure Sather has a plan but it would be much more easier if we had another 3-4 scholarships open right now.  He and his staff are likely explaining the situation to a variety of prospects and asking them to be patient before making their decisions.
  • Ramsey was quite disappointing when he arrived on campus.  I wouldn't be surprised if he is not with the team next year.  I am not sure about Hazekamp - I think there is a decent chance he can be a contributor.  
  • I understand that Moody won't be back anytime soon - that may mean he won't be back this season.
  • Lastly, nobody should be surprised that we are having a so-so year.  The cupboard was quite bare and a lot of work needed to be done (attitude, dedication, work ethic, "team comes first" mentality, etc.) with too many of the returning players.  
  • At this point in the season, we have won 8 games.  I would guess it would have been 5 (maybe fewer) under last year's leadership.
  • Upvote 3

I have not heard anything about Rebraca thinking about moving up.  He does a great job underneath despite not having much bulk. In my opinion, he would need to add another 20 pounds of bulk/muscle to play at a higher level. I’m hoping he does add this bulk and STAYS at UND!

6 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I have not heard anything about Rebraca thinking about moving up.  He does a great job underneath despite not having much bulk. In my opinion, he would need to add another 20 pounds of bulk/muscle to play at a higher level. I’m hoping he does add this bulk and STAYS at UND!

I really don't think he is going anywhere.   

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, UND Fan said:

A few observations:

• Danielson certainly isn't going to be a star but he has played well in many games this year.  We would have 2-3 more losses (including Nebraska) had we not had him.  He should be a good player off the bench for the next three years - I don't expect him to be a starter.
  • I think Eikens has good potential but I expected him to better than he has shown.  No knock on the kid but he was highly recruited - I thought he would be an impact player this year.  He will be good, hopefully, very good!
  • I think G will be a good ball player for us.  Too bad we couldn't have red-shirted him this year.  
  • Sather wants to win.  If he thought that playing more than the 7 players would give us a better chance of winning, he would do so.
  • That said, with so little depth, many players will not be back next year.  The challenge is that we need to be recruiting their replacements now and, until you have the "heart-to-heart" conversations with the kids who won't be back (which will happen after the end of the season), it is difficult to be bringing a bunch of prospects in for visits.  I am sure Sather has a plan but it would be much more easier if we had another 3-4 scholarships open right now.  He and his staff are likely explaining the situation to a variety of prospects and asking them to be patient before making their decisions.
  • Ramsey was quite disappointing when he arrived on campus.  I wouldn't be surprised if he is not with the team next year.  I am not sure about Hazekamp - I think there is a decent chance he can be a contributor.  
  • I understand that Moody won't be back anytime soon - that may mean he won't be back this season.
  • Lastly, nobody should be surprised that we are having a so-so year.  The cupboard was quite bare and a lot of work needed to be done (attitude, dedication, work ethic, "team comes first" mentality, etc.) with too many of the returning players.  
  • At this point in the season, we have won 8 games.  I would guess it would have been 5 (maybe fewer) under last year's leadership.

I'm not sure Brady will be a starter.  But as a freshman is has huge poise.  I checked sometime back and his assist/ turnover was positive.  Big for a freshman.  This young man will be a great contributor for UND basketball.  He is so refreshing to the helter- skelter from the previous teams.   I would not be surprised if he didn't become a starter and part of a team that leads us to the dance.