SiouxSports.com Forum

Manitoba Bisons @ UND -- Exhibition

stoneySIOUX

I have a question, that I don't know the answer. Please DO NOT take this as I believe it, but I'm just asking the question. I'm wondering if the fact that Berry is such a nice guy is what is causing the hard nosed, play with edge, chip on the shoulder, don't screw with me type attitude (that we have always had) to drop off. Is Berry intense like Hak was at practice? I remember reading articles that Hak was extremely intense at practice and games. That would have to rub off on your players. Is this just because Berry isn't that way? Again I don't know this to be true but just simply asking the question.

31 minutes ago, nhockey30 said:

I have a question, that I don't know the answer. Please DO NOT take this as I believe it, but I'm just asking the question. I'm wondering if the fact that Berry is such a nice guy is what is causing the hard nosed, play with edge, chip on the shoulder, don't screw with me type attitude (that we have always had) to drop off. Is Berry intense like Hak was at practice? I remember reading articles that Hak was extremely intense at practice and games. That would have to rub off on your players. Is this just because Berry isn't that way? Again I don't know this to be true but just simply asking the question.

Certainly is a viable question. To a point I think most guys play the way they were born to play so it’s probably more about which guys you have on your team, but coaches can certainly mold players to play with a certain demeanor as well. So I’d say yes with an asterisk 

1 hour ago, nhockey30 said:

and the elephant in the room is fist clenched waiting for a water bottle to look his way...

9 hours ago, nhockey30 said:

In Berry's first year, I remember seeing a player say something to the affect of, they were scared to let Hak down, but they just didn't want to let Berry down. There is something to both of those feelings, but I think the latter may be geared towards more established talented players (Caggiula, Boeser, Schmaltz, etc.), while the former produces better results from a team holistically at this level, given the transition from HS and Juniors, and the development they are going through. You don't want to have your team be scared of you, but you do want them to know what the expectations are and have them live up to those.

I like Berry, but I would bring Hak back in a second. I was a huge fan of how he coached, what he got out of his player, and just his whole demeanor in general. 

I would like to see some quick, crisp passing. Especially on the PP. It drives me crazy watching them pass, let the D set up, then pass again, let the D setup again, then throw it into the chest of the goalie. They need quick passes and get the D out of position. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KoolGuy2K said:

I would like to see some quick, crisp passing. Especially on the PP. It drives me crazy watching them pass, let the D set up, then pass again, let the D setup again, then throw it into the chest of the goalie. They need quick passes and get the D out of position. 

I think those of us who have never played for the team can only speculate, which is,of course, exactly what we do.  Berry wins a title, and people celebrate the difference in coaching style.  He has down years and people celebrate the previous coaching style, the one they roundly criticized for many years because it wasn't Blais.   And so it goes . . .

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, burd said:

I think those of us who have never played for the team can only speculate, which is,of course, exactly what we do.  Berry wins a title, and people celebrate the difference in coaching style.  He has down years and people celebrate the previous coaching style, the one they roundly criticized for many years because it wasn't Blais.   And so it goes . . .

So much truth in this ^

Anybody with an NCHC all access pass able to view the WMU-Alberta game now in progress? Mine says I need a subscription, which I have. Running it on my laptop. Tried from multiple browsers.

I have a bit of concern that the Sioux game will be denied as well.

Any nchc.tv news, good or bad, would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Siouxperior said:

Anybody with an NCHC all access pass able to view the WMU-Alberta game now in progress? Mine says I need a subscription, which I have. Running it on my laptop. Tried from multiple browsers.

Yes I have the same issue.  Mine auto-renewed on Sept. 11.  Figured I better test to make sure everything is working.  Getting the same damn message.  Website is very glitchy as well.  Not happy!

1 minute ago, J.B. said:

Yes I have the same issue.  Mine auto-renewed on Sept. 11.  Figured I better test to make sure everything is working.  Getting the same damn message.  Website is very glitchy as well.  Not happy!

The North Dakota stream is running. Some Midco show talking goofer football at the moment. The content sucks but I'll take it as a step in the right direction. 

1 minute ago, Siouxperior said:

The North Dakota stream is running. Some Midco show talking goofer football at the moment. The content sucks but I'll take it as a step in the right direction. 

Oh Nice.  Now looks like the WM game is working as well.

28 minutes ago, Siouxperior said:

They changed the login for this year. No longer a username but the email address you signed up for. You then have to reset the password and then it should work. On appletv I had to delete and reinstall the app for it to work. Definitely a bit glitchy but the western Michigan game is playing fine. 

2 minutes ago, gfx said:

They changed the login for this year. No longer a username but the email address you signed up for. You then have to reset the password and then it should work. On appletv I had to delete and reinstall the app for it to work. Definitely a bit glitchy but the western Michigan game is playing fine. 

Support got back to me but it was definitely an issue on their end.  I did all that stuff you mentioned a couple weeks ago.  They said they cleared some cache or some bs but now working.