SiouxSports.com Forum

A week from today

SiouxFan100

31 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I'm damn excited for our new offense.  Plays using our players strengths.  Speed and length to rule the day.

between our top 3 wr's and unless jj gets his speed back no one is gonna say that speed is going to be our strength this year on offense

A week from today we will be talking about all that went right and wrong with our first game. 

We will  be talking about a breakout game from someone.

we will be talking about whether we we have a better or worse chance on our next game.

generally we will be more optimistic a week from today than today 

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2019 at 9:19 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

but probably our fastest if he get back to his old weight...but probably mckinney

I think both Austin Gordon and Cam McKinney are every bit as fast as JJ (with McKinney certainly faster). What JJ offers is strength behind his pads, surprising speed for his size, and just a physical running style. He will be a great change up (or technically the others will be a great change up since JJ will likely start). Overall, if all three stay healthy, I think UND will have a surprisingly good RB corps in 2019. 

6 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I think both Austin Gordon and Cam McKinney are every bit as fast as JJ (with McKinney certainly faster). What JJ offers is strength behind his pads, surprising speed for his size, and just a physical running style. He will be a great change up (or technically the others will be a great change up since JJ will likely start). Overall, if all three stay healthy, I think UND will have a surprisingly good RB corps in 2019. 

wasn't jj faster in high school than chappell?  geaux sioux i think has both guys numbers????

So he's .5 slower than Chappell over 100 m. He is very fast though. I remember seeing a tweet from when he was a tr FR UM saying he had the second fastest top speed reading on the team using some under Armour type device on every player.

u posted that a couple years ago...second fastest guy on a big10 football team as a true freshman....at 225lbs!

19 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

kinda confused...are you saying jj isn't as fast as ryan?

JJ doesn’t have that speed anymore. And with Chappell, he didn’t have any competition so he never had to really open it up in the 100m. I’ve seen them both run in person plenty of times and Chappell had a different kind of gear. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

JJ doesn’t have that speed anymore. And with Chappell, he didn’t have any competition so he never had to really open it up in the 100m. I’ve seen them both run in person plenty of times and Chappell had a different kind of gear. 

Have to agree with the last part, Chappell had another gear where it looked like he wasn't even trying most of the time but every now and then you'd see that burst and he took it up to a higher level. 

• Like 1

This might give some insight to how fast Ryan Chappell was. He's 2nd all time on UND's top 10 indoor 55 meter dash. It's not a commonly ran race anymore so the times might not mean much, so I also post the top 10 outdoor 100 meter dash times for reference. The only person in the history of UND T & F to run a faster 55 meter dash was Norm McGee, who also ran a 10.20 100 meter. To my knowledge, Chappell didn't run the 100 at UND. I can't speak to JJ, I've never seen him run T & F, but he's fun to watch play football and fast in his own right. 

55-METERS
Norm McGee NCC 6.20 1988
Ryan Chappell Bemidji State 6.49 2007
Donovan Alexander Bemidji State 6.60 2007
Riza Mahmoud NDSU 6.52 2003
Justin Schiele NDSU 6.56 2001
Martin Blekkerud NCC 6.58 1998
Rob Myles St. Cloud State 6.58 2002
Bert Cummins St. Cloud State 6.59 1988
Tracy Martin Winnipeg 6.60 1987
Willis Jacox NCC 6.61 1987

100-METERS