SiouxSports.com Forum

A week from today

SiouxFan100

1 thing is for sure- drake is a better team than butler. But another thing is for sure, NDSU could’ve put up 90 on them if they had wanted to, so comparing scores does no good as usual. 

I do however have a slightly better feeling about next weekend now that I saw Zim run the offense more successfully. The Oline is going to get eaten alive but I think Zim will be good for 3-4 long explosive plays one way or another. With how spread out things are and how many 3 step routes they can toss, one of unds quick guys is bound to break loose a few times. 

NDSU had no push back whatsoever from that butler d and it made them inaccurately seem even better than last season. Surely they’ll be good but I think UNDs D will at least keep them in check most of the game. 

Chances of winning are extremely low but chances of keeping a respectable full length game are high. This will be a better game than 2015 just because of this offense, but I still predict a 3 score loss. But definitely not a negative yards going into halftime type of game this time. 

14 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

1 thing is for sure- drake is a better team than butler. But another thing is for sure, NDSU could’ve put up 90 on them if they had wanted to, so comparing scores does no good as usual. 

I do however have a slightly better feeling about next weekend now that I saw Zim run the offense more successfully. The Oline is going to get eaten alive but I think Zim will be good for 3-4 long explosive plays one way or another. With how spread out things are and how many 3 step routes they can toss, one of unds quick guys is bound to break loose a few times. 

NDSU had no push back whatsoever from that butler d and it made them inaccurately seem even better than last season. Surely they’ll be good but I think UNDs D will at least keep them in check most of the game. 

Chances of winning are extremely low but chances of keeping a respectable full length game are high. This will be a better game than 2015 just because of this offense, but I still predict a 3 score loss. But definitely not a negative yards going into halftime type of game this time. 

I watched 3 quarters of Butler.  4 new starters on O line and there QB had 3 career passes.  That was a DII team, and an average DII team at best. 

The SU QB is pretty impressive, hopefully we can confuse and pressure.  SU has good weapons but nothing scarey good.  SU defense is really good.  

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Vrs our WRs, we will have to compete for the ball.  

One thing that caught my attention was the bison secondary.  Only one player on the 2 deep is over 6’ I believe.  Don’t get me wrong they are good, but with our 4 WR at 6-4, we might have some good match ups next week 

3 hours ago, SlowHand said:

I saw the opposite.  NDSU D looked worse than last year but their O looked incredible.  The O line is very good.

What could possibly be taken away from yesterday’s game that made you think the D looked worse? By the time Butler had even a hint of success we were rotating backups in and all three levels. And even then, our backups and third and fourth stringers only gave up three points.

Not saying they won’t be worse than last years D, but I didn’t see anything but positive from our D yesterday.

1 hour ago, ND1 said:

One thing that caught my attention was the bison secondary.  Only one player on the 2 deep is over 6’ I believe.  Don’t get me wrong they are good, but with our 4 WR at 6-4, we might have some good match ups next week.

Their secondary(NDSU) was going thru the motions and I never saw one Butler receiver get open.  Yet Butler wasn't loaded with NFL guys( like they tried talking up the guy from Drake)

20 hours ago, Bison06 said:

What could possibly be taken away from yesterday’s game that made you think the D looked worse? By the time Butler had even a hint of success we were rotating backups in and all three levels. And even then, our backups and third and fourth stringers only gave up three points.

Not saying they won’t be worse than last years D, but I didn’t see anything but positive from our D yesterday.

NDSU gave up 2.9 yards per carry to Butler.  Butler has zero run game.  2.9 ypc to Butler should never happen.

Oh, the smack talk brings joy to my soul. 

It's Sioux/Bison week, baby!!

My $.02.  NDSU will be a tough task.  I doubt they are overlooking UND and will be ready.  UND will score on them, but not enough.  NDSU will probably win by 2 tds or better.

On the other hand, my other school is Wyoming.  I thought Missouri would cover the 17 pt spread.  WTH do I know?  LOL  

4 hours ago, SlowHand said:

NDSU gave up 2.9 yards per carry to Butler.  Butler has zero run game.  2.9 ypc to Butler should never happen.

2.9 x 3 < 10, so what's the problem?  A team that pitches out and sprints straight to the sideline every down could make 3 yards a carry, but it's not exactly gonna light things up.

Heck, 50 carries at 2.9 is still less than 150 ypg.

What is an acceptable ypc?

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay?gameId=401127277

Butler drives vs our starters

3 plays for 3 yards punt

4 plays for 14 yards punt

4 plays for 8 yards TOD

3 plays for -1 yard punt

6 plays for -7 yards

3 plays for -12 yards interception

5 plays for 35 yards missed FG

Which of those drives concerned you?

You guys did a great job covering Butler.  Congrats.

Rivalry week, baby!

GO UND FIGHTING HAWKS!

NDSU is No. 1 for a reason. This is a tremendous opportunity for the 2019 UND Fighting Hawks football team. Go out and win the game. Knocking off Goliath would be huge, obviously. It won't be easy, but that is the whole point of competition and rivalry! Win back the state!!!

1 minute ago, Nodak78 said:

So Butler wasn't the 7th ranked team in the pioneer league?

Butler was trash, everybody knows it.

Another poster stated he was unhappy with how our defense looked. So I responded with our defensive drives. You somehow think that is me bragging up the performance against a trash team. This isn’t true and you would know that if you had read along as I said.