SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 - 20 Women’s BB Season

SiouxFan100

9 hours ago, northernraider said:

What do you even learn from a game that loopsided?

Nice to see we are capable of making three point shots

nice to see limited turnovers

prior years we didn’t make open three pointers and no matter who we played we had at least 20 turnovers 

your point well taken 

we destroyed someone who we should destroy so that is a positive with limited optimism for the program 

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

How would you define a successful campaign this year?

I don’t like rebuilding years though it probably is what we will be up against. One or two fairly successful years followed by a couple rebuilding years - repeat 

At least third in the Summit and making the finals in the tournament.

UND shouldn’t need rebuilding years at the Summit level.

Down 35-16 at the half

shooting 26% with 16 turnovers 

we don’t look overmatched 

rebounds are about even

I am not seeing the shooting I was hoping for and of course we wouldn’t be us without the ungodly amount of turnovers- many unforced 

we are playing lots of players and the communication isn’t there yet

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Down 35-16 at the half

shooting 26% with 16 turnovers 

we don’t look overmatched 

rebounds are about even

I am not seeing the shooting I was hoping for and of course we wouldn’t be us without the ungodly amount of turnovers- many unforced 

we are playing lots of players and the communication isn’t there yet

Pretty good assessment. Way too many unforced errors and mental mistakes. A number of off balance 3 point attempts. The girls need to adjust to the speed of the college game at this level. (This wasn’t Concordia). We looked athletic enough. This team has potential. Hope they can learn and adjust quickly. Also need to make free throws. 

14 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

UND hangs on to beat Rhode Island 67-61.

There were 1200 public school fourth and fifth graders at the game that cheered and had a ball at the game.

I applaud UND in getting this arranged. Along with the local schools going along.

I also hear there will be about 700 high school band members performing at the half with our band at tomorrow football game.

Our bb team has some pieces to have a successful season. I was impressed with how our bigs have gotten better since they came to UND.

If we can shoot the three as well as the girls did in high school we will be fun to watch