SiouxSports.com Forum

Playoffs?

geaux_sioux

To get in we need Montana to dominate the rest of their schedule and make our win look as good as possible since SHSU is not holding up. It would be nice if they could win out as well. We also need Weber to win out. Most importantly, we need to notnjust win our games but crush the opponent. Style points matter. I’m not exactly confident that will happen but who knows. 

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

To get in we need Montana to dominate the rest of their schedule and make our win look as good as possible since SHSU is not holding up. It would be nice if they could win out as well. We also need Weber to win out. Most importantly, we need to notnjust win our games but crush the opponent. Style points matter. I’m not exactly confident that will happen but who knows. 

This team doesn't deserve postseason. Not because of the players - they absolutely deserve it - but because of the leadership/coaches. The FCS playoff committee will look straight through UND and any potential positives; no chance UND gets in. Hell, I'd be surprised if UND finished the season 2-0. The @NAU game will be tough and Portland State is playing good right now. 

Just now, Longtime fan said:

As much as they don’t deserve to be in (coaches) ....there is a very small chance they could still make it.  Trying to fill out a playoff bracket is a mess.  There’s going to be a lot of teams that are not playoff worthy that will be in the playoffs.  

After the top ten or so it’s a who’s who of meh.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

FWIW we’re 23rd with 27th sos in the Massey ratings and 20th in the Sagarin.

We were, we will be out of the polls this week.  I'm glad PSU has been playing better, we would need to pound them and NAU to even have a chance at playoffs.  Even then I say there is about a 1% chance we get in. 

So will we be rooting for Montana to beat Idaho this weekend, probably huh?   Maybe Idaho can pull a huge upset against Florida the last week of the season...that would help!  So freaking frustrating....all we had to do was properly get out punts off and hold on to a 10 point lead and take care of business the next two weeks and we probably have a home game in first round. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

So will we be rooting for Montana to beat Idaho this weekend, probably huh?   Maybe Idaho can pull a huge upset against Florida the last week of the season...that would help!  So freaking frustrating....all we had to do was properly get out punts off and hold on to a 10 point lead and take care of business the next two weeks and we probably have a home game in first round. 

I'd rather we just lose the last two by 60 and secure a higher draft pick.  That's how this works right?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, LeaveNoDoubt said:

You might be on to something here.....maybe not a higher draft pick but if we do end up 5-6 there’s no chances some, or all, coaches come back right? 

exactly my thoughts as well.  I'd rather we lose every game until we get a new coaching staff.  anyone willing to take off the Kelly green glasses has known the ceiling of this crew for a long time now.  I'd much rather endure more short term pain than be stuck with mediocre misery from here to eternity.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

FWIW we’re 23rd with 27th sos in the Massey ratings and 20th in the Sagarin.

To make it a little more interesting, two of the teams rated ahead of UND in the computer rankings are Ivy Leaguers, who obviously don't participate in the playoffs.

We would have to absolutely dominate the last two weeks and get a helluva lot of help, but there is still a chance, albeit a tiny one.

6 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

To make it a little more interesting, two of the teams rated ahead of UND in the computer rankings are Ivy Leaguers, who obviously don't participate in the playoffs.

We would have to absolutely dominate the last two weeks and get a helluva lot of help, but there is still a chance, albeit a tiny one.

Style points are huge for these last two.

7 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Illinois St, UNI and W Illinois are all 5-4.  They will all get in even if they each go 1-1.  The Big Sky gets little respect and UND even less.

Since Montana beat Western Illinois, that goes a lot further than UND pulverizing Montana.  Montana has just as good a chance as UND.

Montana lost to WIU. They beat UNI.

The scenarios are mind boggling.  If Montana St wins their last two to finish 7-4, they'd have a much better argument than us.

So if the Griz and Bobcats both win next week, who would we root for in the Brawl of the Wild?  The winner of that game would probably leapfrog us.

Might as well just stomp our next two opponents and see where the chips fall.......