Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Meat man 01

Bubba and his band of coaches

Recommended Posts

How many other ones think that Bubba and his band of coaches are not ready to take you ND football team up & Beyond division 2 play they will never be able to compete against the bison or other teams if they don't start to play and get better recruits time to move on and build a better team with coaches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Meat man 01 said:

How many other ones think that Bubba and his band of coaches are not ready to take you ND football team up & Beyond division 2 play they will never be able to compete against the bison or other teams if they don't start to play and get better recruits time to move on and build a better team with coaches

All because we lost to #9 Washington? Your point is valid if we lose 45-3 to Sam Houston or maybe even a MAC team but we played a power 5 conference title favorite, sorry but the likes of the Bison or SDSU is not on the same level as Washington.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Defensive staff has my vote of confidence 

offensive staff starting with Rudolph is a joke 

special teams ... blah 

Whoa wait a minute....we have special teams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Irish said:

- I'm not reading this as a reaction to losing to Washington.  This is Bubba's fifth year and a legit question.  What we have learned so far this year is that Bubba is Bubba and probably will not change a lot.  So .... can we take the next step?

Pro's - stopped the sideline dancing and has instilled a better work ethic, worked hard to improve the game day experience.  Other than last year has generally improved the defense.  Tied for a Big Sky conf. Championship - has recruited some talented players.  

Cons - Has given us perhaps the worst O coordinator I have seen in my 50 years as a fan and refuses to change.  Immediately after winning the Big Sky, pisses away our first home playoff game in ages with perhaps the worst overall coaching job I have ever seen in the second half of the game.  Failure to adequately recruit the QB position - Studs was a gamer for sure and one tough cookie but still - last year we had a 4th year starter who couldn't throw downfield, locked on to a receiver, and had trouble throwing a screen pass.  We need a good QB recruit every year.  Has not shown the ability to recruit and keep O linemen -  In a Bubbaworld O linemen are the key to our team.  Has not recruited talented receivers (we had better skills here during our D-2 days) - Has shown almost no ability to adjust in general, but especially during the game.  Special teams are pathetic - our lack of coverage is frustrating and lack of kickers may be a season breaker.  

In summary - when we evaluate Bubba we need to take his assistants too as he has shown he will never make changes.  He will always remain the guy who thinks "if we punt from here we can really put them back".  In my mind it's playoffs or bust this year.  

You nailed it.    I fully agree, Bubba absolutely can't recruit.  Muss, for all his problems got better players to come here.    A couple months ago I blasted for being too negative about Bubba's lack of quality commits,  but the lack of success is very apparent.  

Playoffs or bust is right, but I really think by this stage of the game we should have the expectations of a playoff win as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

You nailed it.    I fully agree, Bubba absolutely can't recruit.  Muss, for all his problems got better players to come here.    A couple months ago I blasted for being too negative about Bubba's lack of quality commits,  but the lack of success is very apparent.  

Playoffs or bust is right, but I really think by this stage of the game we should have the expectations of a playoff win as well.

Mussman had some high end guys mixed in with some flunkies. We had no depth at a lot of spots under him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Mussman had some high end guys mixed in with some flunkies. We had no depth at a lot of spots under him. 

And the team culture was awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UNDBIZ said:

And the team culture was awful. 

Yup, lots of selfish divas who thought they were bigger than the program. Not all, but enough to ruin things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think as we start to get better recruits others will follow, Bubba is trying to weed out the bad ones before they get here

dont need that culture here

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

And the team culture was awful. 

Well I didn't say he was a good coach, I just stated that Muss did indeed attract some very quality players to this program and was better at recruiting then Bubba.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

Well I didn't say he was a good coach, I just stated that Muss did indeed attract some very quality players to this program and was better at recruiting then Bubba.

I disagree. The few home runs he smashed allow some to forget about the many strikeouts. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I disagree. The few home runs he smashed allow some to forget about the many strikeouts. 

Recruiting was and has been iffy for both. UND would have a playoff win by now if either could recruit top end players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Meat man 01 said:

How many other ones think that Bubba and his band of coaches are not ready to take you ND football team up & Beyond division 2 play they will never be able to compete against the bison or other teams if they don't start to play and get better recruits time to move on and build a better team with coaches

Champions in one of the best FCS conferences in Year #3..........…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Champions in one of the best FCS conferences in Year #3..........…

Sorry, but this thread is for those who do NOT want to see any good signs about Bubba and who actually hope this season sucks so there's an excuse to fire him.

Que the "horrible 2nd half loss to Richmond" reminders in 3...2...1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Dude we just played a top ten fbseteam 

 

relax

I need to save this post for when the hockey team plays a top ten team on the road and loses...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shep said:

Hello apples...this is oranges...nice to meet you.

gfhockey lost his damn mind when the hockey team lost a mid-season exhibition game a few years ago...yet he preaches more patience with Bubba?  Talk about North Dakota nice...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hockey team plays in the “FBS” division of hockey, the football doesn’t 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I need to save this post for when the hockey team plays a top ten team on the road and loses...

But we are in the same division as the top ten hockey team?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×