SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba and his band of coaches

Meat man 01

1 hour ago, HAWKS1 said:

I don't think Bubba or Rudolf were going to show any trick plays or new plays against a team that they had very little chance of beating.  Play UW tight, keep it close with limited injuries.  I would expect against SH this week we may see some new wrinkles as this game carries a lot of weight in post season positioning.

??  This is the type of mentality I do not understand.   Show no trick plays, limit injuries.........I guess they should have stayed home then. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

We've been waiting for Rudy to open it up for 4 years. I doubt the play calling against UW was limited with SHSU in mind. It's just who we are now. 

We should be able to have a new wrinkle each week ready to go.  These are 4 year college students, many on campus year round.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Santiago's long run came on like a 3rd and 8 with a draw.  Imagine if he only gained two yards, the board would have erupted on how Bubba and Rudy are  just playing it safe and not to win the game by running the ball on 3rd and long.  But the guys make their blocks, Santiago make some moves and it's by far our best play of the day and all of the sudden it's a spectacular call.  That draw has worked a number of times on 3rd and long the last couple of years, it's also been stuff sometimes too.  I've been critical of Rudy sometimes like others have, but I think he is going to call a more diverse game like he did in the 1st game.  Rudy does need to produce this year though, no more excuses.

Good post, Rudy could surprise some posters on Saturday. If the offense struggles, Ruddy going to have a long season on this board.

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Good post, Rudy could surprise some posters on Saturday. If the offense struggles, Ruddy going to have a long season on this board.

Let's be honest, it isn't going to sway those that have already made up their mind. That being said, I really hope to see plenty of A and B gap power runs, by John and Brady (with a bit of JJ mixed in), regardless of how boring it is. If UND can't rip off chunks of yardage doing that, the game plan won't matter.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Vaguely similar to this scene, if offensively things don’t change this year, I will volunteer to carry Rudy out of Grand Forks after the team arrives home from Northern Arizona. 

I will be at the NAU game.  I will prevent him from boarding the plane back to ND if things haven't changed offensively by then.  :D

• Upvote 2