SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 West Regional - Attendance

NoiseInsideMyHead

Attendance at 2018 West Regional in Sioux Falls  

100 members have voted

1. 1. In light of UND's historic NCAA streak coming to an end, are you still planning to attend the 2018 West Regional in Sioux Falls?

• Yes - obtained tickets before UND was eliminated
    • Yes - obtained tickets after UND eliminated
    • Yes - haven't obtained tickets yet
    • No - obtained tickets before UND was eliminated, but not using
    • No - deferred ticket decision until after UND eliminated, decided not to go
    • No - never intended to go regardless
    • Don't know / not decided
    • Yes, but only if I cannot unload my tickets

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/23/2018 at 05:00 PM

I bought my tickets the first day they were available, thinking for sure The Sioux would make the tournament.  Sadly had to sell them to a Mankato Mavs fan (nice guy who wishes his team was in our NCHC) Monday morning.  I posted them for sale on Craigslist in Duluth, St. Cloud, Mankato and Sioux Falls.  Sold 'em within 5 minutes of posting and had a half dozen other inquiries over the next couple hours, so I think you that want to sell should be able to do so too.  

8 hours ago, SiouxTrue said:

I bought my tickets the first day they were available, thinking for sure The Sioux would make the tournament.  Sadly had to sell them to a Mankato Mavs fan (nice guy who wishes his team was in our NCHC) Monday morning.  I posted them for sale on Craigslist in Duluth, St. Cloud, Mankato and Sioux Falls.  Sold 'em within 5 minutes of posting and had a half dozen other inquiries over the next couple hours, so I think you that want to sell should be able to do so too.  

Listed mine in duluth, mankato and St cloud. Not a single hit

10 hours ago, SiouxperDave said:

I learned an expensive lesson in 2011 so I don't buy tickets until I know we're in. Any Duluth fans want a souvenir?

2011FrozenFour.thumb.jpg.909eb4a4973d575028a470958b6d585d.jpg

I had lined up to meet during the semifinal to buy title game tickets. Guy asked if we could just meet after the game. Game ended and I told him to find a bulldogs fan...which he didn't have a problem doing

Bought tickets and planned to go but due to the weather forecast with 10 inches of snow and 35mph winds in the Sisseston area decided not to go. Canceled three rooms at the Sheraton attached to the arena so if you're going give them a call. 

1 hour ago, Stack said:

Bought tickets and planned to go but due to the weather forecast with 10 inches of snow and 35mph winds in the Sisseston area decided not to go. Canceled three rooms at the Sheraton attached to the arena so if you're going give them a call. 

Thank you for this information. Holy crap, I just checked Fargo and Watertown as well, and it looks absolutely dreadful for Friday, and Sunday doesn't really look much better. I usually don't panic about weather forecasts, and I was really amped for the trip to SF, but this just looks bad. FWIW, Brookings and Sioux Falls don't seem to be affected.

Isn't that stretch of I-29 notorious for closures, especially with wind?

GET THE WORD OUT, PEOPLE. Especially while there's time to cancel hotel reservations without penalty.

1 hour ago, franchise said:

Donated my tickets to big brothers big sisters in SF

Very nice. I wish you'd have shared this notion earlier. I'd have done the same. 

I ended up sending mine to a co-worker's relative who lives in the SF area who already had tickets. They'll try to see that mine get used one way or another. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Awesome idea. Is this a thing they do, or do you have to know someone locally?

I just searched if they had one in SF, emailed them to their contact website and they emailed back right away and said they would definitely find a Big and Little to use them

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, franchise said:

I just searched if they had one in SF, emailed them to their contact website and they emailed back right away and said they would definitely find a Big and Little to use them

You're making me proud to be a fellow UND fan. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, franchise said:

JamiG@bbbsse.org

This is the lady that emailed me back, if anyone else is interested in going that route

Need to tweet this to Schloss or UND so they can retweet it out there.  Great opportunity for UNd fans to show their generosity and help out a great cause!! Well done!