SiouxSports.com Forum

Official UND Football Regime Change Thread

fightingsioux4life

54 minutes ago, shep said:

NO WAY...Drug task force guys would NOT do that

First two raids where? Same house?

In my experience with these cases I can NOT think of any involving college students.

First raid in May, Keelan Poole residence.  Not sure which other players lived with him at the time.  

http://www.westfargopioneer.com/news/4267585-und-linebacker-suspended-after-marijuana-cocaine-charges

2nd raid in October, Andre Randolph and Demon Taylor arrested., other players living in same residence not arrested.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/4339564-two-und-football-players-face-drug-charges

3rd raid in November, Torrey Hunt and Demun Mercer suspended. No known charges.

3 raids, 3 arrests, 3 players kicked off, 2 suspensions.

Here is the latest arrest of 2 UND students who are NOT football players caught with what appears to be a brand new shipment of product.

http://www.fox9.com/news/2-und-students-arrested-after-police-seize-drugs-cash-rifle

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

First raid in May, Keelan Poole residence.  Not sure which other players lived with him at the time.  

http://www.westfargopioneer.com/news/4267585-und-linebacker-suspended-after-marijuana-cocaine-charges

2nd raid in October, Andre Randolph and Demon Taylor arrested., other players living in same residence not arrested.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/4339564-two-und-football-players-face-drug-charges

3rd raid in November, Torrey Hunt and Demun Mercer suspended. No known charges.

3 raids, 3 arrests, 3 players kicked off, 2 suspensions.

Here is the latest arrest of 2 UND students who are NOT football players caught with what appears to be a brand new shipment of product.

http://www.fox9.com/news/2-und-students-arrested-after-police-seize-drugs-cash-rifle

Were Hunt and Mercer residing at this house?

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I said in my post that I thought it was a mighty large coincidence.  that is all.

Well...that's a bit of a stretch. If it was a bunch of 40-somethings, would anyone be drawing any comparisons or suspicions to members of the coaching staff?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Players won’t play as hard for someone they don’t trust. Think about how Bubba suspended Mercer for the final game of his life without an arrest or charges. He’s a huge reason Bubba and co looked so good last year and made the playoffs. And that’s how you send him off? With a suspension? 

Don't break the rules and you won't be suspended. Doesn't matter what player it is.

On a SU note:  Kolpack

Engel's father, Joel Engel, sent Forum Communications the following message Wednesday morning: "Sean made a poor decision and we support the staff's decision. Sean is leaving on good terms and has the school's support in finding a new opportunity. We both felt a change would be in the best interest of both."

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Players won’t play as hard for someone they don’t trust. Think about how Bubba suspended Mercer for the final game of his life without an arrest or charges. He’s a huge reason Bubba and co looked so good last year and made the playoffs. And that’s how you send him off? With a suspension? 

It is hard for me to judge Bubba or Mercer since we don't know what he was suspended for.  There are a lot of things that can get a player suspended besides arrests and charges.  SU just kicked 3 players off the team and there are no arrests there.

5 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

So Bubba, suspended Mercer and Hunt for no reason?  just decided he did not want them playing in the last game of the season and the last game of Mercer's career? 

Exactly. People need to understand, depending on the situation and legalities...the whole story will not always be revealed publicly. 

• Upvote 1

I'm becoming more concerned with the safety of the students in Grand Forks, period, after reading the latest arrest of the non-football students. Kids running around with AR-15s and $70,000 cash. Really???  When I was in college, I didn't know anyone who had more than $100.00 cash. I have to imagine recruits and their parents are saying to themselves WTF?!?! This appears to be much bigger and more important than football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

I'm becoming more concerned with the safety of the students in Grand Forks, period, after reading the latest arrest of the non-football students. Kids running around with AR-15s and $70,000 cash. Really???  When I was in college, I didn't know anyone who had more than $100.00 cash. I have to imagine recruits and their parents are saying to themselves WTF?!?! This appears to be much bigger and more important than football.

There are a lot of drugs a lot of places. Ignorance is bliss on the topic but most big towns have plenty of this stuff. 

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

There are a lot of drugs a lot of places. Ignorance is bliss on the topic but most big towns have plenty of this stuff. 

No doubt...drugs are everywhere.  But being that GF is such a small town....it tends to magnify in scope. If this were happening in a major city with pro sports teams it may a footnote on the ledger and be lower on the totem pole. I just hope moving forward UND football players steer clear and focus on school and football in that order.

Just now, Old School Guy said:

No doubt...drugs are everywhere.  But being that GF is such a small town....it tends to magnify in scope. If this were happening in a major city with pro sports teams it may a footnote on the ledger and be lower on the totem pole. I just hope moving forward UND football players steer clear and focus on school and football in that order.

Amen.

8 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Do you think at some point in all of this taht Bubba and the investigators may have touched base and gave him a heads up on exactly what has been going on?  

Remember the first two raids netted drugs and scales.  

This last part is purely hunch on my part, but GF just had the biggest seizure in years.  2 college students,  I find it hard to believe it is all coincidence.  Again the last part I s purely connecting dots on my part, but those boys have been under surveillance for awhile too and the timing was perfect.

Answer stated earlier perhaps the tipster giving GFPD was intentionally providing false info as well. No arguing that previous bust had great results but to raid and have zero results begs the question if they are profiling simply based on association. 

9 hours ago, Great white said:

Yes that is what I am saying, innocent and nothing found. Management/ coaching made a gave error and it will bite them.  Perhaps the 24 hour cool down approach should be invoked before harsh punishment is handed down!

Is 5 clean tests enough?

Over a 2 year period 5 clean tests, another sophomore I know had 6 by ncaa and all clean