SiouxSports.com Forum

Official UND Football Regime Change Thread

fightingsioux4life

On 11/27/2017 at 11:01 PM, Midwestern Hawk said:

Violation of team rules, no mention of the Fargo Narcotics Task Force.

Looks like the witch hunt has turned up some serious violators, perhaps the tip that it was football players was not correct in the first place.  Hunt and Mercer were raided and nothing found, maybe decoys to get attention away from the real violators. Police investigators said there is no further investigation of Hunt and Mercer and no case against them but to late to pull back on suspensions now.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj30NDE4-TXAhVTsBQKHae7COsQqQIIJSgAMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fkstp.com%2Fnews%2Fgrand-forks-narcotics-task-force-arrest-two-men-from-minneapolis-area-seize-60-pounds-of-marijuana%2F4684245%2F&usg=AOvVaw0sS32UxjiJS4snSqDivRt-

Wonder why Hunt is not coming back????

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Great white said:

Looks like the witch hunt has turned up some serious violators, perhaps the tip that it was football players was not correct in the first place.  Hunt and Mercer were raided and nothing found, maybe decoys to get attention away from the real violators. Police investigators said there is no further investigation of Hunt and Mercer and no case against them but to late to pull back on suspensions now.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj30NDE4-TXAhVTsBQKHae7COsQqQIIJSgAMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fkstp.com%2Fnews%2Fgrand-forks-narcotics-task-force-arrest-two-men-from-minneapolis-area-seize-60-pounds-of-marijuana%2F4684245%2F&usg=AOvVaw0sS32UxjiJS4snSqDivRt-

Not sure what your point is?  Are you telling me that Hunt and Mercer were "innocent" or nothing was found?  If you are a fan of UND football and would like to see it prosper, Bubba has no choice but to use a baseball bat to clean up this mess now.    

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:33 AM, UND-1 said:

Even with a 3-8 record & turmoil on-off the field, we got fans/relatives now coming onto a message board and bitching about players not getting rings for the 2016 season and not getting "team winter coats" to wear.   :silly:

Better not bitch about the team appearing to be soft and not focused at times.  Their fans/relatives are the same way.

What are you.. some 80 year old crusty alum?  Jeez

• Downvote 1

Well, either way Bubba will probably swing the baseball bat AFTER people above him on the food chain get everything squared away.  Too big and too many variables for Bubba to do it alone.  Not sure how many, or if, football players are involved...this is painful for coaching staff who work for the players to do their best.  Clean up culture first, then better things will follow. These are VERY difficult issues to resolve.  Like I said, in health care I know just how much support you would get.  Issues surrounding drugs, alcohol, mental illness/mental disability, and HIV status are the most protected information of any. 

I read the article about the drug bust in a major paper in MN.  Sad and definitely NOT what UND stands for, in my book.  GO SIOUX!!

It’s not hard to clean up.  Do what other area schools do.  School sponsored, random drug tests.  Fail one, warning.  Fail two, bye.  

Players need to get on board.  This is real life, big boy stuff.  Time to learn lessons and leave the parents at home.  

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, homer said:

It’s not hard to clean up.  Do what other area schools do.  School sponsored, random drug tests.  Fail one, warning.  Fail two, bye.  

Players need to get on board.  This is real life, big boy stuff.  Time to learn lessons and leave the parents at home.  

I totally agree.  Bubba needs the total support of those above him...the drug testing is simple ( 125 players....10% tested every week, randomly chosen by last digit or two digits of your SS#).  The hard part is the enforcement of the policy and that is where it can not be over ridden .... stand out player, key game...and if you do not think that happens check out the Blue Earth HS  (MN )championship  football team in MN newspapers....Pot stays in your system 30 days...smoke a joint and it will show ( excuse: I traveled to Colorado where it is legal???)... coke and heroin in your urine 3 days,...,,meth I can't remember but you can bet anyone using knows this better than me

These answers are easy until you are the one having to enforce the policy.  I agree big boy stuff and no Mogen David 20/20 wine club if results are positive...GO SIOUX

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

I totally agree.  Bubba needs the total support of those above him...the drug testing is simple ( 125 players....10% tested every week, randomly chosen by last digit or two digits of your SS#).  The hard part is the enforcement of the policy and that is where it can not be over ridden .... stand out player, key game...and if you do not think that happens check out the Blue Earth HS  (MN )championship  football team in MN newspapers....Pot stays in your system 30 days...smoke a joint and it will show ( excuse: I traveled to Colorado where it is legal???)... coke and heroin in your urine 3 days,...,,meth I can't remember but you can bet anyone using knows this better than me

These answers are easy until you are the one having to enforce the policy.  I agree big boy stuff and no Mogen David 20/20 wine club if results are positive...GO SIOUX

Bubba has the support of those above him.  Will be more attrition once random drug testing begins.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Great white said:

Is this official? Are you saying he is leaving because of how the suspension was handled?

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Not sure what your point is?  Are you telling me that Hunt and Mercer were "innocent" or nothing was found?  If you are a fan of UND football and would like to see it prosper, Bubba has no choice but to use a baseball bat to clean up this mess now.    

Yes that is what I am saying, innocent and nothing found. Management/ coaching made a gave error and it will bite them.  Perhaps the 24 hour cool down approach should be invoked before harsh punishment is handed down!

34 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Bubba has the support of those above him.  Will be more attrition once random drug testing begins.

Is 5 clean tests enough?

20 minutes ago, Great white said:

Yes that is what I am saying, innocent and nothing found. Management/ coaching made a gave error and it will bite them.  Perhaps the 24 hour cool down approach should be invoked before harsh punishment is handed down!

Is 5 clean tests enough?

8DC61267-44DB-486C-B224-759192DE96DF.jpeg

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Great white said:

Is 5 clean tests enough?

Again, what are you talking about?  Nobody on the UND football team has had 5 random drug tests this fall.

hiw do you think it will bite the coaches/management in the butt?

47 minutes ago, Great white said:

Is 5 clean tests enough?

This is a huge problem. The coaches need to be fair and consistent. Players will lose trust real quick with bull$%!# like this. Once they lose trust we're dead. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, shep said:

If they are suspending players based on mere suspicion or innuendo they will lose trust. 

I believe that's his point and I agree.

That would infer that Hunt and Mercer were “innocent”.  Contrary to great whites earlier statement the search warrant was issued from surveillance for multiple players for multiple days. 

How many more arrests for dealing do you think Bubba and the staff can survive before Kennedy says enough.

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

That would infer that Hunt and Mercer were “innocent”.  Contrary to great whites earlier statement the search warrant was issued from surveillance for multiple players for multiple days.

How many more arrests for dealing do you think Bubba and the staff can survive before Kennedy says enough.

I don't know where that information came from so I'm not inclined to believe it till I see it.

Search warrant and GUILT are a LONG ways away. But is they had ANYTHING on them after the search warrant they certainly would have arrested them. 

11 minutes ago, shep said:

I don't know where that information came from so I'm not inclined to believe it till I see it.

Search warrant and GUILT are a LONG ways away. But is they had ANYTHING on them after the search warrant they certainly would have arrested them. 

Do you think at some point in all of this taht Bubba and the investigators may have touched base and gave him a heads up on exactly what has been going on?  

Remember the first two raids netted drugs and scales.  

This last part is purely hunch on my part, but GF just had the biggest seizure in years.  2 college students,  I find it hard to believe it is all coincidence.  Again the last part I s purely connecting dots on my part, but those boys have been under surveillance for awhile too and the timing was perfect.

8 minutes ago, shep said:

So you don’t believe in one poster without proof but will believe another that has no proof?  Seems to me both are going off of heat say and that hear say seems to be coming from within the team    

4 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Do you think at some point in all of this taht Bubba and the investigators may have touched base and gave him a heads up on exactly what has been going on?  

NO WAY...Drug task force guys would NOT do that.

Remember the first two raids netted drugs and scales.  

First two raids where? Same house?

This last part is purely hunch on my part, but GF just had the biggest seizure in years.  2 college students,  I find it hard to believe it is all coincidence.  Again the last part I s purely connecting dots on my part.

In my experience with these cases I can NOT think of any involving college students.

3 minutes ago, homer said:

So you don’t believe in one poster without proof but will believe another that has no proof?  Seems to me both are going off of heat say and that hear say seems to be coming from within the team    

You may be right about it coming from within the team which in my view is horrible that some guys are talking about this. But I will look to see if there are any charges (and we would hear about them from actual media sources not hearsay) then this is a lot of allegation without proof.