SiouxSports.com Forum

Last 3 Games

Midwestern Hawk

The Sacramento State game is a game that UND lost IMO.  A 4th string qb?  Our offense is totally ineffective 'til Zimmerman comes into the game?  Where is Ray Haas?  At the beginning of the season he was expected to be a real difference maker for us.  He has now missed the last two games and nobody says a word?  Why?  Is he hurt?  Is he sick?  Is he suspended?  Did he leave the team?

Three games to go in what has been an incredibly painful season so far.  If I were Bubba I would tell Rudy that Zimmerman is the starter until Studsrud is 100% then we will determine who is the starter based on that weeks practice play.  I would also tell Rudy that if Santiago and Olivera don't combine for 300 yards rushing and receiving he will be unemployed without question. 

We need to play to win the next two games and then we need to beat Eastern Washington at the Alerus in the last game.  i am sure we will have many committed recruits at that game and maybe a few we need to convince to be fighting hawks.  Right now I am worried we may lose some of the existing roster the way this is going. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, siouxfb said:

Haas was sick last week according to the radio. I thought I saw him on the sidelines in street clothes today. 

If that is the case, how does that happen?  Haas missed two games with sickness, how many other guys have missed games due to sickness?  Didn’t Fiedler have pneumonia?  I have been around football for decades and never seen anyone miss a game due to sickness, let alone multiple guys.

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

If that is the case, how does that happen?  Haas missed two games with sickness, how many other guys have missed games due to sickness?  Didn’t Fiedler have pneumonia?  I have been around football for decades and never seen anyone miss a game due to sickness, let alone multiple guys.

While it’s rare when #31 lost 15 lbs being sick it’s not unreasonable to think others couldn’t pick that up.  I thought I saw him today too.  I looked for him after the hints you’ve dropped about him the last couple weeks.  

10 minutes ago, homer said:

While it’s rare when #31 lost 15 lbs being sick it’s not unreasonable to think others couldn’t pick that up.  I thought I saw him today too.  I looked for him after the hints you’ve dropped about him the last couple weeks.  

Question.  When you were 20 were you ever sick for multiple days?  How many guys has it supposedly been?

11 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Question.  When you were 20 were you ever sick for multiple days?  How many guys has it supposedly been?

Yes I was actually.  Routinely got strep throat every spring and late fall.  One spring was so bad it caused me to lose about 20 lbs.  

i don’t know details of Haas but you have been dropping hints of something more for a few weeks.  You have been right in the past and are obviously connected to the locker room so if you know something say it.   Continuing to drop passive hints that something is wrong with him does nothing more than continue to divide.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Non-hockey sports at UND are surrounded by them.

Pathetic. This needs to change. The injury situation is unfortunate, but it isn't the only factor. Amazing how ignorant UND supporters can be just so they can make it through the day. 

Haven’t really seen any excuses today.  

The last three games ....hmmm How many catches do the TEs have? How many catches do the RBs have?  How many 1st downs weren't running plays up the middle? Does UND have an offensive play that has a two step drop?  How many freshmsn start on D? How many carries does James have? How many times has Santiago lined up out wide?  How many injuries does UND have on D ? How many drops do the WRs have? 

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Fiedler played in the South Dakota game with puemonia (took antibiotics Tuesday before game) then played next week when he dislocated collar bone. Reason for him missing last three games. 

47 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

The last three games ....hmmm How many catches do the TEs have? How many catches do the RBs have?  How many 1st downs weren't running plays up the middle? Does UND have an offensive play that has a two step drop?  How many freshmsn start on D? How many carries does James have? How many times has Santiago lined up out wide?  How many injuries does UND have on D ? How many drops do the WRs have? 

Not nearly enough looks for the TE's. Fiedler and Cloyd could be big weapons if used right and ultimately help open the run game. Defense knows they don't throw to them. Today Fiedler was open at least 3 times and never got a look. Maybe due to pressure but seems they try and force the ball long instead of taking the 8-10 yard shots. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Non-hockey sports at UND are surrounded by them.

Pathetic. This needs to change. The injury situation is unfortunate, but it isn't the only factor. Amazing how ignorant UND supporters can be just so they can make it through the day. 

What are the excuses for volleyball? Those ladies get it done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

Yes.

45 minutes ago, O Town said:

Not nearly enough looks for the TE's. Fiedler and Cloyd could be big weapons if used right and ultimately help open the run game. Defense knows they don't throw to them. Today Fiedler was open at least 3 times and never got a look. Maybe due to pressure but seems they try and force the ball long instead of taking the 8-10 yard shots. 

In other words fire Rudolph and hire someone with a pulse?

1 hour ago, O Town said:

I noticed the same thing today. Doesn't even make sense to be open like that and not get a throw. The whole scene makes me sick. Need an OlC from out East next year. And not a "Higgins" either.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

All this is just noise until the offensive line is solidified. That is all.

I heard some other noise at the Alerus...a majority of the crowd booing the play call at the end of the game.

i’m not on any “fire ‘em” rant, but nothing about that last possession looked like a game winning plan.

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2017 at 3:52 PM, Midwestern Hawk said:

The Sacramento State game is a game that UND lost IMO.  A 4th string qb?  Our offense is totally ineffective 'til Zimmerman comes into the game?  Where is Ray Haas?  At the beginning of the season he was expected to be a real difference maker for us.  He has now missed the last two games and nobody says a word?  Why?  Is he hurt?  Is he sick?  Is he suspended?  Did he leave the team?

Three games to go in what has been an incredibly painful season so far.  If I were Bubba I would tell Rudy that Zimmerman is the starter until Studsrud is 100% then we will determine who is the starter based on that weeks practice play.  I would also tell Rudy that if Santiago and Olivera don't combine for 300 yards rushing and receiving he will be unemployed without question. 

We need to play to win the next two games and then we need to beat Eastern Washington at the Alerus in the last game.  i am sure we will have many committed recruits at that game and maybe a few we need to convince to be fighting hawks.  Right now I am worried we may lose some of the existing roster the way this is going. 

If any players jump ship after this season do you really want them around?  I would hope there is a group of underclassmen ready to prove this year was a fluke, not looking to jump ship when things get tough.  

I think a long hard look needs to be given at captains and leadership from the players.  Assign them right when the season is done and get to work.  With the late buy week and no playoffs we will have about an additional month of winter workouts. S&C should be planning now.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, homer said:

If any players jump ship after this season do you really want them around?  I would hope there is a group of underclassmen ready to prove this year was a fluke, not looking to jump ship when things get tough.  

I think a long hard look needs to be given at captains and leadership from the players.  Assign them right when the season is done and get to work.  With the late buy week and no playoffs we will have about an additional month of winter workouts. S&C should be planning now.  

The captains now?

Seriously?

44 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I didn't know the offensive line called that draw play on 3rd and 10 on the last drive........oh wait. :silly:

Exactly.  You adjust your game plan for the personnel you have.  You game plan for the personnel your opponent has.  Right?   Right??  

Wrong, not here anyway. 

• Upvote 1