SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to cut women's hockey

UND92

6 hours ago, cberkas said:

In things that never die, I wouldn't be surprised if NIL comes up in this case at some point.

When you own two professional teams you can fund the program yourself and not ask for a feasibility study that says you'll need $60 million and lose $2 million a season.

I’m not here to argue with anyone just a simple question. How does the likes of SCSU, Mankato St, and Bemidji St make it work?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, sioux rube said:

I’m not here to argue with anyone just a simple question. How does the likes of SCSU, Mankato St, and Bemidji St make it work?

You just named three NSIC DII schools. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

SCSU doesn't have football and all three spend a whole lot less across the board on their sports and bus to all their games for most sports.  I am going to assume that UND WH spent more money on their program than those three but I don't know.

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

SCSU doesn't have football and all three spend a whole lot less across the board on their sports and bus to all their games for most sports.  I am going to assume that UND WH spent more money on their program than those three but I don't know.

That makes sense. Thanks 

22 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Not sure why they don't go after NDSU, who uses Prong 3 for title IX.

They'd claim there is nothing documented that the student body is unhappy having males significantly overrepresented in both opportunities, scholarship dollars and investments into programs when compared to the M/F ratio of said student body.
Frankly, they'd probably be right because I don't think people understand how precarious of a position schools using Prong 3 put themselves in if someone was to decide to complain about lack of opportunities. If someone were to complain, it would be pretty interesting to watch them try to defend their position.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

They'd claim there is nothing documented that the student body is unhappy having males significantly overrepresented in both opportunities, scholarship dollars and investments into programs when compared to the M/F ratio of said student body.
Frankly, they'd probably be right because I don't think people understand how precarious of a position schools using Prong 3 put themselves in if someone was to decide to complain about lack of opportunities. If someone were to complain, it would be pretty interesting to watch them try to defend their position.

Yeah, all it takes is one person to file a lawsuit.  They don't have a defensible position, imo.  They run a poll but don't do any analysis or follow up studies, according to them, when I've asked about it.  

5 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Keep expenses down

Previous staff ran around with blank checks and thought they should be funded to men’s hockey budget