SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Miami - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

45 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Cam's save % for the weekend was .852 and UND still swept. How can that be? :huh:

I thought a team can't win unless a goalie has a save % above .925. :lol:

But I'll give credit where it's due. Only allowing 11 SOG last night is a pretty darn good defensive effort.

The boys had nice defensive efforts in both games.  Many times our fans focus on our several breakdowns a game while not realizing almost every team has multiple breakdowns a game.  That's where a good comes in a saves the day. Now early in the year there were too many breakdowns, I agree.  Cam was hung out to dry too much. 

In talking about our D play....did Louis do anything all weekend?  I rarely noticed him.  That's impressive, he's awesome.

43 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

You see, the joke is that Schmaltz disappeared from Chicago for a few days and showed up in Oxford so that he could help out the...you know what?  If you didn't  get it the first time, I can't help you  now.

Yeah, I got it when IHTINB pointed it out. Thanks. 

On a related note, the game was going to be put up on the monitors around the ralph concourse during the Lambert concert, but, the Lambert (did I spell that right) contingency said no hockey game, they'll watch that and not listen to the concert. Well, of course. Just a hint, didn't listen to the concert anyway.  Everyone around the concourse other than the Lambert fans, which of course was the whole crowd, listened for the CHN buzz on their phones and checked on who scored. Not to mention I had to miss the final 3-4 minutes of basketball and Q's performance at the end.

I listened only for "Happy Trails", which signaled the final encore and the end of the concert, which of course was a couple hours after the hockey was over.

Lambert's group should have had the booze stands and bathrooms closed as well, as there was more drinking a pi#$%ing than listening by the crowd.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, burd said:

Did anyone else think Miami was offsides an awful lot last night?  Strange to see so much of that kind of timing mistake the last games of the season. 

They aren't very good.

And holy smokes does that team clutch and grab. That dive by Louis that lead to their first goal was absolutely bush league. Grab the stick and fling your legs up in the air and pray for a call.

I rag on our d core quite a bit, but Miami's d core looked so lost at times that you can just see the amount of minutes Belpedio plays for them, and how he is easily their MVP.  Poor situational pinching, losing battles, letting Poolman skate directly from the corner to the net.....etc.

I'm betting he plays in Duluth next weekend.  He needs to be on the ice 30+ for them to beat Duluth and Larkin is going to have to be brilliant.  

RE: Miami's defense:

I think it was MIA37 that just assumed UND3 was going behind the net and overplayed to the far side, so UND3 stops, steps out short side, and goes backhand for the second goal. 

Worse? They lost contain and slot presence and allowed Chris Wilkie* to score. Need much else be said? ;):D 

*Just pokin' fun at ya Chris. You can breathe now. The flood gates are open for you. Feel free to put up a couple-thirteen-fourteen goals before season's end. 

• Upvote 1

Just when I thought this team was toast, they finally get a sweep and land home ice.  Granted, Miami is not very good this year, but still a job well done with their backs against the wall.  Hopefully, they play the same way next week.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I rag on our d core quite a bit, but Miami's d core looked so lost at times that you can just see the amount of minutes Belpedio plays for them, and how he is easily their MVP.  Poor situational pinching, losing battles, letting Poolman skate directly from the corner to the net.....etc.

I'm betting he plays in Duluth next weekend.  He needs to be on the ice 30+ for them to beat Duluth and Larkin is going to have to be brilliant.  

According to TH, Rico told him Belpedio is done for the season.  Still want to bet?