SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UNO - FRIDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

54 minutes ago, burd said:

Boeser and Jost can carry us against Omaha, a very weak defensive team, but we will need others to step up against better defensive teams.  

19 had at least 4 grade A chances he wiffed on. Yon missed an open net too. Couple others had opportunities. Pogo and Rhett come to mind.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

19 had at least 4 grade A chances he wiffed on. Yon missed an open net too. Couple others had opportunities. Pogo and Rhett come to mind.

The game should of never been as close as it was, Omaha is pretty bad, and most likely we will have to fight for the win tonight.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

You are exactly right.  Yon must have been shaking his head, and Pogo usually scores on that breakaway backhand he had.  Those guys will have to bury those if we hope to go anywhere.  

1 hour ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Neither of them were good last night. With Shaw out Peski will be back in tonight per Brad. Would be interesting if the d pairings get mixed around. 

More like with Shaw out Ausmus will be back in tonight. Id take peski over ausmus any game of the season. Unless we are shooting for racking up penalty minutes. I think that C keeps him out of the stands fairly often. I'd rip it off his jersey and slap it on Jost's chest. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

More like with Shaw out Ausmus will be back in tonight. Id take peski over ausmus any game of the season. Unless we are shooting for racking up penalty minutes. I think that C keeps him out of the stands fairly often. I'd rip it off his jersey and slap it on Jost's chest. 

I was just relaying what brad said on his blog. Obviously the senior captain will never sit. 

It will be interesting to see what Deano does about Jost and Boeser.  He doesn't have great defensive tools to shut them down with.  Dean being Dean, he might open it up and try to get an early lead and make us play catch up.    Or maybe he just stays the course and hopes for a better outcome. 

39 minutes ago, burd said:

It will be interesting to see what Deano does about Jost and Boeser.  He doesn't have great defensive tools to shut them down with.  Dean being Dean, he might open it up and try to get an early lead and make us play catch up.    Or maybe he just stays the course and hopes for a better outcome. 

Heard his game plan is to not use a goalie! 1 extra defenseman the entire game! :cool:

• Upvote 1