SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

petey23

9 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

It's all about bids/money after the seeded teams.  If we bid enough, we will get a home game...

I realize that, I'm saying since they've been releasing weekly rankings and everyone knows we'd be the 9 seed in that situation, would they set us up with a team we would outbid like Western Illinois, rather than someone like Montana who would outbid us to avoid sending the #9 team in their rankings on the road?

27 minutes ago, northdakota18 said:

I'm confident we'll get the 8 seed, but say we don't, with this year being the first year the committee came out with weekly lists at the end of the year; does anyone else think we would be set up with a home game since it would basically be public knowledge that we are the 9 seed and it would look bad on the committee to send us on the road? Maybe I'm giving the committee too much credit but that's my thought process.

I am with you.  It would look bad to put the #9, #10, #11, #12 seed on the road.  For the most part, these guys should know enough to not let it happen.

6 minutes ago, northdakota18 said:

I realize that, I'm saying since they've been releasing weekly rankings and everyone knows we'd be the 9 seed in that situation, would they set us up with a team we would outbid like Western Illinois, rather than someone like Montana who would outbid us to avoid sending the #9 team in their rankings on the road?

I believe they match up the teams first and then open the bids.  So to answer your question, I believe you are giving the committee to much credit.  They will pair teams up based on regionalization, unless they change from previous years.  I know they are giving lip service to not do regionalization, but until they actually follow through on it, you have to suspect it will remain the same.

6 minutes ago, northdakota18 said:

That's a really good point  that I didn't really think about before you said it. Of course teams (like SDSU last year) have probably been the 9 team sent on the road, but this is the first year that everyone knows for a fact who the #9 team is. Given that both are flights, I would think that they'd match whoever is #9 and #10 (UND, SDSU, Richmond, UCA) with teams that they could outbid. It would look really bad to have UND go play at Montana.

Great point.

I'll never understand the lack of clock management skills from college coaches. Why W&M took a timeout on 3rd and 4 at the beginning of the play clock when the clock was running is beyond me. That single handily cost them 3 points as Richmond kicked a FG with 4 seconds left in the half.

Richmond 13

W&M 6

Half

W&M has had the play in the red zone 3 times and only has 6 points. The big story line for the second half is if Richmond's QB is out for the day. 

1 minute ago, AJS said:

I'll never understand the lack of clock management skills from college coaches. Why W&M took a timeout on 3rd and 4 at the beginning of the play clock when the clock was running is beyond me. That single handily cost them 3 points as Richmond kicked a FG with 4 seconds left in the half.

Richmond 13

W&M 6

Half

W&M has had the play in the red zone 3 times and only has 6 points. The big story line for the second half is if Richmond's QB is out for the day. 

You beat me too it. 

1 minute ago, bang said:

Well we struggled against Montana State. 

That was 8 weeks or so ago.  You'd think how a team is playing coming down the stretch should factor into it just a little bit.  However we were rolling our last 3 games last year and it didn't matter but who knows.