SiouxSports.com Forum

Mustangs vs Hawks predictions

Nodak78

19 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Solid point, hopefully we are catching them at a good time, especially given how much we need this game. Realistically, this will be a close game, but it would be awesome if the offense could light a fire, come out similar to last year, and run away with one.

A convincing win might not be worth much more than a close win in terms of rankings, but it would do wonders for the confidence of, and in, this offense.

It would do wonders for the confidence of the fans, too.  I remember last year's Cal Poly game was suppose to be a chess match of offense vs. defense, but we rolled 'em both departments.  That was the best game of the season, AFAIC.

6 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Solid point, hopefully we are catching them at a good time, especially given how much we need this game. Realistically, this will be a close game, but it would be awesome if the offense could light a fire, come out similar to last year, and run away with one.

A convincing win might not be worth much more than a close win in terms of rankings, but it would do wonders for the confidence of, and in, this offense.

For that to happen, last year's o-line would have to be playing . . . they would line up on that first play and have the opposing defenders on their cans and a whole big enough for a bus to go through.  That's just not happening this year.

• Upvote 1

Picking UND because games like this are ones they have to win.  Still not 100% sold on the offense but think they do enough.  Defense needs to stay out of 3rd and less than 3.  Taubs is a different kicker in the Al. 

UND- 23

Poly- 21

Must win game for UND

I couldn't make a prediction last week, didn't have a super great feel going into last weeks game since our offense never seems to show up for 4 quarters.  Going to make a more in depth prediction this week to make up for it.

1. We win coin toss and make Poly take the ball, make them punt, we drive down and get field goal (first 1st quarter points this year)

2.  Poly has 2 turnovers, we have 0

3.  The offense doesn't completely roll, but improves a little.  Studs throws for 200 yards.

4. We do just enough to eek out another close one 31-27

I think we probably need to be plus 2 in the turnover department to win this game. I admit, I do have my Kelly Green glasses on for these predictions :) 

On 9/29/2016 at 8:31 AM, siouxfan512 said:

31-24 UND 

Let's find some magic in the new jerseys. I wonder if they'll pull out the gray helmets too. I know there was speculation that the helmets wouldn't come out this year, but who knows.

Winner. Saw you went even further on the Cal poly board and called for both teams rushing for about 200. Right on. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. :)

Altogether, that was a fun game to watch and I'm glad I made it up to GF. I was pretty impressed with the crowd, though there is still room for improvement; but it is coming along.

Keaton and the offense finally had a nice game. Not a great game. Not an amazing game. but a really nice game. Something to build off of.

Takeaways:

Gordon is a baller. Get him, Santiago and Oliveira on the field at the same time.

Stanley is a big boy.

Wanzek must be cheating, because he either has velcro, duct tape or gorilla glue on his gloves. Kid makes some crazy catches. Add 15-20 lbs of muscle and he will be scary.

Oliveira deserves the name "The Manitoba Moose", kid is a stud. Killed that D lineman 1 on 1

Norberg is also a beast, deserving his share of carries.

Defense is just solid all around. Yes they give up plays, but overall they get it done. Shout out for the d-backs. We couldn't buy and INT a few years ago. Seem to drop the easy ones. Now we are winning 1x1 battles and making plays. Love it.

Way to step up and win a big game, beat a ranked team, go 2-0 in conference, defend home field, get back on track and ultimately, look more like what we expected from this team. Onto Sac St. Need a big time road win before homecoming.

We have seen flashed but the "Tree Wiseman" WR package will give teams trouble the rest of the year.  They got a big shot of confidence from this game.  Hats off to them and Mr. Fruend.

Loved the inside yards from Norberg!!

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

We have seen flashed but the "Tree Wiseman" WR package will give teams trouble the rest of the year.  They got a big shot of confidence from this game.  Hats off to them and Mr. Fruend.

Loved the inside yards from Norberg!!

Amen to Mr. Norberg! He has experience carrying the ball and that fullback dive is a nice change up ... keep calling it Rudolph to spell Oliveira or whoever is in at tailback!