SiouxSports.com Forum

USD welcome back to the Alerus

SENDSIOUX

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Nobody can run on Unds d.  If their offense is built to run, then they are in trouble.  Unds first home game and the o line getting better I see santiago being huge along with oliveira.  31-17 und 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Nobody can run on Unds d.  If their offense is built to run, then they are in trouble.  Unds first home game and the o line getting better I see santiago being huge along with oliveira.  31-17 und 

They're kind of like us on offense except their QB is bigger faster and stronger than Studs but can't throw as well. Oh, and no all american RB.

The last time we hosted USD for the Potato Bowl we beat them 52-3.  Here's to a similar result this weekend, which will improve our record against the yotes to 61-29-2 and extend their winless streak in Grand Forks.

Note: I don't think we win by 50, just hoping we dominate the trenches and pull out the W.

• Upvote 1

I don't see anywhere on that thread where any poster was overly confident and predicted a blowout win.  If anything the posters on here have been more confident expecting the Hawks to blow the Yotes out.  I don't really know what to expect.  I haven't watched any of UND's games.  USD is notoriously a bad road team and a decent/good home team.  We will see if that changes under Nielsen.  

3 minutes ago, coyotecrazie5 said:

I don't see anywhere on that thread where any poster was overly confident and predicted a blowout win.  If anything the posters on here have been more confident expecting the Hawks to blow the Yotes out.  I don't really know what to expect.  I haven't watched any of UND's games.  USD is notoriously a bad road team and a decent/good home team.  We will see if that changes under Nielsen.  

UND has a putrid offense, I don't see them putting up 35 points. The Coyote defense played better this past week, remember it was the offense that gave Weber 21 points. The defense got stops when it needed to and caused some timely turnovers to help us crawl back into that game. The defense will be good enough to hold the bad UND offense down. Offensively, the Coyotes have the best weapon on the field at QB. He'll be good for at least a couple of big plays. USD's power running game was punching some great holes and getting some good push last week, Valley ball will continue this week. I think some of you underestimate the gap between these two conferences and the physical style of play that goes on in the MVFC. There were a lot of cross over games last week and the Valley went 3-1 with Montana (of course) being the only BSC winner. Looking closer at the games you see a huge disparity in rushing numbers. Valley teams go to the body and run the ball, that will be the difference again this coming weekend. If this game was in Verm it would be a blowout, as the Weber game should have been. Since it's in Grand Forks it will be closer. USD 31 - UND 17.

Read more: http://usdcoyotesports.proboards.com/thread/1785/university-north-dakota#ixzz4KAXQ8feQ [\quote]

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, coyotecrazie5 said:

Definitely stating that USD should win the game is overly confident.  Saying USD has the best weapon on the field.  There are two fairly outlandish things to say considering it's at UND and neither team appears to be much, much better than the other.

1 minute ago, UND-1 said:

Definitely stating that USD should win the game is overly confident.  Saying USD has the best weapon on the field.  There are two fairly outlandish things to say considering it's at UND and neither team appears to be much, much better than the other.

Agree, I think this one could go either way.  If the Yotes give 21 points up right away there is no way they will come back like last week.

3 minutes ago, coyotecrazie5 said:

Agree, I think this one could go either way.  If the Yotes give 21 points up right away there is no way they will come back like last week.

It will be a good game, like most of them have been.  Even when UND was better than USD they always struggled with them.  

Does the Alerus allow signs - or is that part of their no fun policy? Would love to see some reference to the locker room damage they did after their last heart-breaking loss in the building. 

"Vandalize the Coyotes"  "You busted up our locker room we'll bust up your defense" 

Just the word "Vandalism" and "Class" with the crossed circle over the words. 

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:
UND has a putrid offense, I don't see them putting up 35 points. The Coyote defense played better this past week, remember it was the offense that gave Weber 21 points. The defense got stops when it needed to and caused some timely turnovers to help us crawl back into that game. The defense will be good enough to hold the bad UND offense down. Offensively, the Coyotes have the best weapon on the field at QB. He'll be good for at least a couple of big plays. USD's power running game was punching some great holes and getting some good push last week,Valley ball will continue this week. I think some of you underestimate the gap between these two conferences and the physical style of play that goes on in the MVFC. There were a lot of cross over games last week and the Valley went 3-1 with Montana (of course) being the only BSC winner. Looking closer at the games you see a huge disparity in rushing numbers. Valley teams go to the body and run the ball, that will be the difference again this coming weekend. If this game was in Verm it would be a blowout, as the Weber game should have been. Since it's in Grand Forks it will be closer. USD 31 - UND 17.

Read more: http://usdcoyotesports.proboards.com/thread/1785/university-north-dakota#ixzz4KAXQ8feQ [\quote

He forgets to mention the mvfc teams hosted all 4 games.

I really hope USD attempts nothing but to "go to the body and run the ball" this weekend.  Their offense won't score.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Saw Cieslak in some sort of sling. 

He will be missed, a 6'4" 290 de that is active. We have mentioned all year that the d line is deep and talented and that they are. Its not so much of a lose as say cole Reyes would be in he secondary but wish we had him and hope he makes it back this year.  

Also, I'm so sick and tired of hearing about the physical style of football that the mvfc runs because this is the exact style of football und runs.  I thought they (mvfc) had defense as well, I guessd wrong.  E wash lit up ndsu in the fargo dome for almost 600 yards and 44 points.  Montana went to uni and said thank you. The two best in their league. Sdsu couldn't really contain drake defensively but won chucking it to weineke.    If South Dakota thinks they are coming here to show us the ground and pound game , think again.  

28 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

He will be missed, a 6'4" 290 de that is active. We have mentioned all year that the d line is deep and talented and that they are. Its not so much of a lose as say cole Reyes would be in he secondary but wish we had him and hope he makes it back this year.  

Also, I'm so sick and tired of hearing about the physical style of football that the mvfc runs because this is the exact style of football und runs.  I thought they (mvfc) had defense as well, I guessd wrong.  E wash lit up ndsu in the fargo dome for almost 600 yards and 44 points.  Montana went to uni and said thank you. The two best in their league. Sdsu couldn't really contain drake defensively but won chucking it to weineke.    If South Dakota thinks they are coming here to show us the ground and pound game , think again.  

This makes me shake my head a bit. Let them all talk. The reality is that if you take out NDSU this "vaunted MVFC" talk would not exist. 

*Before someone jumps on this comment I am not saying that the MVFC would be a bad conference if NDSU was not in it. 

49 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Does the Alerus allow signs - or is that part of their no fun policy? Would love to see some reference to the locker room damage they did after their last heart-breaking loss in the building. 

"Vandalize the Coyotes"  "You busted up our locker room we'll bust up your defense" 

Just the word "Vandalism" and "Class" with the crossed circle over the words. 

Only thing is that the locker room vandalism happened in 2011.  None of the coaches or players were around for that.  So it is likely none of them would know what the heck you are talking about.

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Let's keep it that way. I just read that thread and they seem overly confident. Squeaking by Weber at home is nothing to write home about. 

Weber was leading 42-21 going into the 4th qtr.  If weber had taken the air out of the ball they win.  Weber QB threw a ball early in the 4th qtr he had no business throwing other than out of Bounds.

• Upvote 1

sd4ever

"That is pretty much to be expected from the arrogant inhabitants of The Great Waste! I would give a lot to have the Yotes knock the snot out of them Saturday. UND has lucked out too many times against The Good Guys!

Go SD!"

Read more: http://usdcoyotesports.proboards.com/thread/1785/university-north-dakota?page=1#ixzz4KAtptknU

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

sd4ever

"That is pretty much to be expected from the arrogant inhabitants of The Great Waste! I would give a lot to have the Yotes knock the snot out of them Saturday. UND has lucked out too many times against The Good Guys!

Go SD!"

Read more: http://usdcoyotesports.proboards.com/thread/1785/university-north-dakota?page=1#ixzz4KAtptknU

Oh goodness. 

Given the importance of this game for UND, I expect the Hawks to be flyin' high with coyote meat come Saturday night. 

2 hours ago, coyotecrazie5 said:

What is the story with the vandalism?  When did it happen and what happened?  I am not aware of the story, but makes me embarrassed that anything happened.  

2011 after UND came back and won it (and the Great West Conference) it was reported that some USD players did more than a little damage in the locker room. Although the coach was probably gone anyway some speculated that it contributed to the decision. 

There were a couple of posts on that USD board from guys who seemed realistic and expected it to be close, and one guy even picked UND to win.  Of course there were some other ones that feel pretty confident going into the game, but I think that is pretty normal for a game that is evenly matched.....for each fan base thinking they will prevail in the game.  Pretty sure we may have looked a bit arrogant to SB fans who came and read our page, although most of us knew that game would be a tough game and said SB is no push over leading up to that game, I think we all predicted a UND win except for one person.   With that said.....I'm really looking forward to beating them and pissing them off, especially the way they talk about ND in general.   They also talked about the huge difference between Big Sky and MVFC, which there has been in the past but themselves and NDSU had to go to OT to win last week......and they were both the home teams.  The gap may be shrinking between the conferences.....and this is the year to prove it.