SiouxSports.com Forum

New Third Down Songs Ideas

geaux_sioux

4 hours ago, Old School Guy said:

Well seeing that hip hop is a multi-billion dollar industry consumed the world wide by people from all walks of life, I would beg to differ. But there is some that is absolute garbage. But same can be said for rock, country and even my favorite, jazz. But hop hop  made feel like bringing the heat to an opposing player when I played defense. That's the theme of this thread. 3rd down music to get the crowd and players fired up and rowdy.

Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I have a better idea:

1. Have Santiago gain 5.5 yards per carry so we never see 3rd down on offense. 
2. Take the ball away from the other team on 1st or 2nd so they never see 3rd down. 

Easy-peasy. :D

Why would they play a song when the UND offense is facing a 3rd down? Seems a bit counterintuitive in terms of home field advantage. 

I'll take noise for the UND defense. Let's keep it silent when UND has the ball -- you can cheer *WHILE* Santiago is running into the end zone. 

Otherwise, I love your ideas!

• Upvote 1

I've been somewhat skeptical of the music choices and entrance song/video/lights over the past few seasons. I will be easily pleased if I can at least notice some effort has been put into these areas for 2016.

Considering the hype surrounding this program (there hasn't been this much since at least the championship seasons), I would certainly expect UND and the Alerus Center to put in some new wrinkles to please the crowd, especially with the emphasis on "Pack the Alerus". 

You only have about 15 seconds MAX to play a song as it has to be down when the opposing team breaks the huddle.  If they don't huddle, then you have about 5-10 seconds worth of song to play.  It has to be impactful in the first few seconds or it won't work.

On 8/25/2016 at 2:45 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

I agree with this. Great "intermission" or "pause in the action" song. 

A lot of teams do Sweet Caroline though, how about for a pause in the actions song we try something different. Here is my suggestions for a break in the action.