SiouxSports.com Forum

New Third Down Songs Ideas

geaux_sioux

Songs for 3rd downs or whenever:

entrance song- ramm stein - du hast-  repeat only the first 25 secs- no vocals  

Metallica- enter sandman - for sure! 

? buck cherry - lit- maybe just the music as the lyrics a bit harsh for the young'ns 

dmx- party up- first 25 seconds ish- need to involve the students 

also for students I think there is a song out currently that's called welcome to my house or something close to that.  I guess that seems fitting for the young crowd to sing at a football game ? 

stones- start me up- older classic

Beatles - twist and shout-ditto 

quiet riot- cum on feel the noise- can't remember if this currently is on their play list  

I think that's a decent variety ? 

Lil Jon and DJ Snake - Turn Down for What -> it really gets the students going

White Stripes - Seven Nation Army -> it gets everyone going

Replace Crazy Train with Trick Daddy's Let's Go 

How about this for an intro song? Show highlights as the song builds and once the guitar kicks in the team rushes out of the helmet and the fans go crazy.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Which ones?

15 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Lil Jon and DJ Snake - Turn Down for What -> it really gets the students going

White Stripes - Seven Nation Army -> it gets everyone going

Replace Crazy Train with Trick Daddy's Let's Go 

How about this for an intro song? Show highlights as the song builds and once the guitar kicks in the team rushes out of the helmet and the fans go crazy.

These would be good for 3rd down, it wasn't very exciting listening to crazy train all the time.

2 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

Might be a little too urban for Grand Forks but..  It fits the game atmosphere that I loved to play in.

If it gets the students and the players going the blue hairs will learn to tolerate it. There are plenty of middle aged people now who grew up with a healthy dose of hip hop so I don't think its a big deal.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

If it gets the students and the players going the blue hairs will learn to tolerate it. There are plenty of middle aged people now who grew up with a healthy dose of hip hop so I don't think its a big deal.

There is no dosage of hip hop that is healthy.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

59 minutes ago, DamStrait said:

There is no dosage of hip hop that is healthy.

Well seeing that hip hop is a multi-billion dollar industry consumed the world wide by people from all walks of life, I would beg to differ. But there is some that is absolute garbage. But same can be said for rock, country and even my favorite, jazz. But hop hop  made feel like bringing the heat to an opposing player when I played defense. That's the theme of this thread. 3rd down music to get the crowd and players fired up and rowdy.

8 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

I humbly suggest this.

I'm feeling the White Stripes....kinda goes with our Adidas gear. In all honesty...all suggestions presented thus far would make for a nice compilation during pregame and 3rd downs  at the Alerus Center. We have a multicultural and multinational team. Its about getting our Hawks fired up! 

• Upvote 2