SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

316 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

13 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Yep.  Sick of it.

Then log the eff off.

Dont Twitter. dont post. dont read.

If you havent learned to just accept others opinions and realize its not personally going to change or effect anything in your life... this world is going to be a very difficult place for you to navigate.

I'm guessing theres about 32 things, at least, that you believe in, hold as true, or feel that I think is dumber than golfing in a lightning storm. Great. Good. You can hold whatever opinion you want.

But when the triggered wrecks of the board, or world start blasting people for having or holding an opinion and telling people they cant or shouldn't have that opinion.....whelp then mr stalin we have a problem. Hence the earned moniker of "Hawkzi Kabal"

I feel the hawks name and logo is a pathetic feeble cheap disaster, unfitting of the capabilities of the institution that it represents. That feeling doesnt change the logo, being the old back, OR how who are allowed to feel about it. 

Cloak yourself in the velvet finery of the FHawking thing... I Dont Care.

But if you can't deal with people's opinions prefering the old, this might not be an enjoyable enterprise to invest your attention for the next 30 years .

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Then log the eff off.

If you havent learned to just accept others opinions and realize its not personally going to change or effect anything in your life... this world is going to be a very difficult place for you to navigate.

I'm guessing theres about 32 things, at least, that you believe in, hold as true, or feel that I think is dumber than golfing in a lightning storm. Great. Good. You can hold whatever opinion you want.

But when the triggered wrecks of the board, or world start blasting people for having or holding an opinion and telling people they cant or shouldn't have that opinion.....whelp then mr stalin we have a problem. Hence the earned moniker of "Hawkzi Kabal"

I feel the hawks name and logo is a pathetic feeble cheap disaster, unfitting of the capabilities of the institution that it represents. That feeling doesnt change the logo, being the old back, OR how who are allowed to feel about it. 

But if you can't deal with people's opinions prefering the old, this might not be an enjoyable enterprise to invest your attention for the next 30 years .

I feel like you're an idiot.  I logged on just to say that.  Plus, it wasn't an attack because I didn't call you an idiot.  

4 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Then log the eff off.

Thanks for the feedback.  It's nice to know that you and @stoneysioux have my well-being on your mind.  (I'm sure that is it, right? :) )

You, and the other "Siouxzis" (thank you for the inspiration for that term, one that works on several levels that I won't get into at this point) are, of course, free to have and express opinions. How scary it would be if we couldn't? (#america)   You can call UND's sports teams Fighting Sioux, Flickertails, Glorious Trumps, Magnificent Clintons, Rainbow Unicorns, whatever.  You should take some of your own advice though, and accept the opinion of people who have moved on and embrace reality.  Remember this:  we are 100%, unequivocally, the University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks.  Hard to accept for you, isn't it?

GO HAWKS!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Thanks for the feedback.  It's nice to know that you and @stoneysioux have my well-being on your mind.  (I'm sure that is it, right? :) )

You, and the other "Siouxzis" (thank you for the inspiration for that term, one that works on several levels that I won't get into at this point) are, of course, free to have and express opinions. How scary it would be if we couldn't? (#america)   You can call UND's sports teams Fighting Sioux, Flickertails, Glorious Trumps, Magnificent Clintons, Rainbow Unicorns, whatever.  You should take some of your own advice though, and accept the opinion of people who have moved on and embrace reality.  Remember this:  we are 100%, unequivocally, the University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks.  Hard to accept for you, isn't it?

GO HAWKS!

Yeah as long as your not predetermining the perception of hue in the rainbow of those unicorns, you may have a chance to get through this thing.

10 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

GO HAWKS!

I can see how my response would be seen as prodding, but it really isn't. I just don't understand how the act of the tweet and the "like" can embarrass someone. I legitimately feel sorry that that bothers you. 

You ask the question about him accepting the fact that we are the UND Fighting Hawks like we don't realize it's the actual name. We just don't like it. I'm not stupid. It's not hard to accept. But, the problem in lies that you and many others chastise the people who don't like the Hawks name/logo and think we are dumb or can't handle reality. We just don't like it. Simple as that. 

Simply put... I fully comprehend that the FH nickname is a real thing as do ALL of the other people who feel the same way as I. However, I don't like it and I won't support it. I'll buy UND gear without the nickname and logo to games. 

What's the point in making enemies over this?

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I can see how my response would be seen as prodding, but it really isn't. I just don't understand how the act of the tweet and the "like" can embarrass someone. I legitimately feel sorry that that bothers you. 

You ask the question about him accepting the fact that we are the UND Fighting Hawks like we don't realize it's the actual name. We just don't like it. I'm not stupid. It's not hard to accept. But, the problem in lies that you and many others chastise the people who don't like the Hawks name/logo and think we are dumb or can't handle reality. We just don't like it. Simple as that. 

Simply put... I fully comprehend that the FH nickname is a real thing as do ALL of the other people who feel the same way as I. However, I don't like it and I won't support it. I'll buy UND gear without the nickname and logo to games. 

What's the point in making enemies over this?

The point is that the fans (maybe not you or maybe you, I don't know) are being prodded on by the hockey program itself to not support the name or the logo. See the problem?  And yes, the hockey fans are 100% susceptible to what the program itself supports and pushes.

Fans can do whatever the F they want, nobody really cares other than on here and other social media garbage.  But when an entity of the university itself doesn't support it.......

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The point is that the fans (maybe not you or maybe you, I don't know) are being prodded on by the hockey program itself to not support the name or the logo. See the problem?  And yes, the hockey fans are 100% susceptible to what the program itself supports and pushes.

Fans can do whatever the F they want, nobody really cares other than on here and other social media garbage.

Being prodded by the hockey program to not support the Hawks name/logo? Are you saying that the team -- as an entity --  is coming out and telling people not to call the team Fighting Hawks? I've not seen that one time. Players, coaches, alumni have every right to support or not support the logo/name. I've seen many current players wearing Hawks gear. 

6 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Being prodded by the hockey program to not support the Hawks name/logo? Are you saying that the team -- as an entity --  is coming out and telling people not to call the team Fighting Hawks? I've not seen that one time. Players, coaches, alumni have every right to support or not support the logo/name. I've seen many current players wearing Hawks gear. 

C'mon now, you are smart enough to know what is really going on here with the hockey program/REA.  The silence speaks for itself with these people.

Brad Berry/REA:  UNITE THE FAN BASE! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

C'mon now, you are smart enough to know what is really going on here with the hockey program/REA.  The silence speaks for itself with these people.

Brad Berry/REA:  UNITE THE FAN BASE! 

Yes, I do know exactly what is going on -- people don't like the nickname/logo and are not supporting it. They are all speaking their individual opinions. You don't like that, but that doesn't matter. The team, as an entity, hasn't done this one time. Regardless of how you feel about that, that's what is happening. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Be serious.  You know what I mean and I know you aren't that obtuse.

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Be serious.  You know what I mean and I know you aren't that obtuse.

Read my post before this one. I'm being 100% serious. Are you implying that the team/program has gotten together, as a whole and directed people to protest the name/logo? If so, I'd love to see some proof of this.

Again, individuals speaking their opinions on the matter and you don't like it. It is what it is.

28 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

The difference between the hockey team and any other sports team at UND speaks for itself when regarding the nickname, and not just the crowd wearing the Sioux jerseys that’s visible.

5 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Read my post before this one. I'm being 100% serious. Are you implying that the team/program has gotten together, as a whole and directed people to protest the name/logo? If so, I'd love to see some proof of this.

Again, individuals speaking their opinions on the matter and you don't like it. It is what it is.

Once again, you know they obviously didn't collaborate and put together an orchestrated plan.

They individually all make their opinions clear on social media, which the fans embrace and thus feel they are in the right because the team doesn't support Hawks so why should they?

Case in point: how does football go about the same scenario. 

Just now, darell1976 said:

The difference between the hockey team and any other sports team at UND speaks for itself when regarding the nickname, and not just the crowd wearing the Sioux jerseys that’s visible.

Certainly don't disagree. Feel like the hockey team always had the name/logo more ingrained than any other sport. 

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Once again, you know they obviously didn't collaborate and put together an orchestrated plan.

They individually all make their opinions clear on social media, which the fans embrace and thus feel they are in the right because the team doesn't support Hawks so why should they?

Case in point: how does football go about the same scenario. 

Right, why should they? They don't have to support the name. The program is doing just fine. 

Football embraces the logo/nickname more. Totally agree. I'm wondering why it matters. 

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

Right, why should they? They don't have to support the name. The program is doing just fine. 

Football embraces the logo/nickname more. Totally agree. I'm wondering why it matters. 

Thank you. To clarify, you feel it's OK for one of the university's athletic programs to not support the official nickname and logo?

Just now, UND1983 said:

Thank you. To clarify, you feel it's OK for one of the university's athletic programs to not support the official nickname and logo?

I'm sorry, but the athletic program is not doing anything, individuals are stating their feelings about it. And yes, that is 100% ok.

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm sorry, but the athletic program is not doing anything, individuals are stating their feelings about it. And yes, that is 100% ok.

If every individual in a program has a certain opinion, it's fair to say the program has that opinion.  Berry is in charge of the program and he is the face of the program.

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Why does it matter?  Because it is dividing the fanbase.  That's not just an opinion.  And the blame rests on the #Siouxforever crowd, the REA, and many of the hockey only fanbase that refuse to accept the fact the Sioux name is gone and never coming back.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

If every individual in a program has a certain opinion, it's fair to say the program has that opinion.  Berry is in charge of the program and he is the face of the program.

Yet the team wears the logo and all official things come out with the name and logo on it. It's a clear distinction. 

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Why does it matter?  Because it is dividing the fanbase.  That's not just an opinion.  And the blame rests on the #Siouxforever crowd, the REA, and many of the hockey only fanbase that refuse to accept the fact the Sioux name is gone and never coming back.  

Again, people (well, most... I'm sure a few nutjobs haven't haha) have fully accepted it. Not sure what I can do to explain that further. 

Dividing the fanbase? I mean, other than us discussing this on forums, social media, etc., are the athletic programs suffering? Sure doesn't feel like it.

Resting blame directly on one side certainly won't help stop the problem. Both sides have entrenched people that overreact.

Overall, I think the overwhelming majority of fans do and are going to continue to support UND regardless of where they fall on this "debate". 

13 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Again, people (well, most... I'm sure a few nutjobs haven't haha) have fully accepted it. Not sure what I can do to explain that further. 

Dividing the fanbase? I mean, other than us discussing this on forums, social media, etc., are the athletic programs suffering? Sure doesn't feel like it.

Resting blame directly on one side certainly won't help stop the problem. Both sides have entrenched people that overreact.

Overall, I think the overwhelming majority of fans do and are going to continue to support UND regardless of where they fall on this "debate". 

You hit the nail on the head...social media!! It is firing up more and more Sioux Forever fans (mostly hockey only) especially on hockey related pages of Facebook. The UND men’s hockey page, the REA, and Sioux Shop will post something and if anyone mentions a Hawk...BAM they get blasted as not a true fan, they make fun of the logo, and of course the *Sioux reply.  This one is hilarious: I have been accused of working for the university to push the Hawk agenda onto those pages. So no one is a fan of the school anymore it’s either you are for the Sioux or you are lumped into the enemy group with the Bison and Gophers although more Gophers than Bison since we are taking hockey. The division of fans is still as strong as ever, and there are no signs of cracks in the division.