SiouxSports.com Forum

count down to kick off

Nodak78

• 2 months later...

Fifteen days until game day!  I am attending the game in Stoney Brook and pretty excited to see how the team looks.  Does anyone know if there is a UND section or will fans be dispersed randomly rhroughout the stadium?  I don't imagine there will be a lot of UND fans, but I'm sure there will be some.

• Upvote 1

Nodak78 posted this article in the other thread.   In the article it says this:

"Their schedule should set them up for seven wins, they will probably need an upset in their schedule, Stony Brook or Southern Utah, to get to eight wins to make sure they get a playoff spot."

Is Stony Brook going to be favored in that game? 

Just now, Sioux94 said:

"Their schedule should set them up for seven wins, they will probably need an upset in their schedule, Stony Brook or Southern Utah, to get to eight wins to make sure they get a playoff spot."

We're favored by 5 at this point.

33 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Upset???? Hmmm... Ok!?  Und is currently favored.  

Stony is no slouch tho,  plus it's their home opener so expect them to have a few more things go their way then und. The inexperienced o line will be heavily tested in this game as Stony has a stout d line, one of which is being closely watched by the nfl.  I cannot vision either team scoring 20 points which bodes well for und with a grind out style and look for a game that whoever makes the least mistakes will likely win.  Und 17-13

17 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

You need to remember the wedge show is highly biased towards east coast teams and Missouri valley conf. 

Correct. 

Here is a good example: The poster named "Clenz" does the MVFC team reviews. I read his USD preview and he is calling a win for USD in Grand Forks. I guess I would buy it if this game was at USD but I just don't see his justification other than he is a MVFC fan. 

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

Upset???? Hmmm... Ok!?  Und is currently favored.  

Stony is no slouch tho,  plus it's their home opener so expect them to have a few more things go their way then und. The inexperienced o line will be heavily tested in this game as Stony has a stout d line, one of which is being closely watched by the nfl.  I cannot vision either team scoring 20 points which bodes well for und with a grind out style and look for a game that whoever makes the least mistakes will likely win.  Und 17-13

By all accounts, UND's offense has been looking good thus far in fall camp. Of course, that is reliant on the offensive line being healthy and having the expected starting 5 actually start the game in Stony Brook. 

Game will be a bit of a defensive battle, but I expect UND to win by a touchdown or two. I'll go with 28 - 14 UND as my way too early prediction (I reserve the right to change my prediction during game week). 

7 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

By all accounts, UND's offense has been looking good thus far in fall camp. Of course, that is reliant on the offensive line being healthy and having the expected starting 5 actually start the game in Stony Brook. 

Game will be a bit of a defensive battle, but I expect UND to win by a touchdown or two. I'll go with 28 - 14 UND as my way too early prediction (I reserve the right to change my prediction during game week). 

Assuming the OL does gel and no major injuries I'm really looking forward to seeing what our offense can do this year too.  I'm sure Rudolph has put in a few more wrinkles this year now that the guys have been in the system for a while and don't have to spend as much time on the basics.  Santiago receiving the ball this year and getting him into space will be fun.  Hopefully Keaton can improve a little on not staring down his primary receiver.

I think Santiago or Clive will be good for at least one big play against Stony Brook, so my early prediction is 24-14 UND. 

Lots of discussion here on Stony Brook's defense.

Remember now, Stony Brook's defense is no good. That has been discussed ad nauseum on here since we played them in 2014 when they finished with the following finishes while playing in the CAA:

- 3rd nationally in total defense
- 4th nationally in scoring defense
- 8th nationally in passing defense
- 15th nationally in rushing defense

They didn't get any respect by some on here then, so I can't imagine they will get any now.

:p

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Lots of discussion here on Stony Brook's defense.

Remember now, Stony Brook's defense is no good. That has been discussed ad nauseum on here since we played them in 2014 when they finished with the following finishes while playing in the CAA:

- 3rd nationally in total defense
- 4th nationally in scoring defense
- 8th nationally in passing defense
- 15th nationally in rushing defense

They didn't get any respect by some on here then, so I can't imagine they will get any now.

:p

Wasn't a lot of those comments from non UND supporters that seem to have an axe to grind with us? I recall people saying that but cannot remember if it was internal or not.

• Upvote 1

The score was 13-3 two years ago, I can't remember....is that one of the games where the defense scored?  The defense scored a few times that year.  If we scored 13 on them two years ago, I think we can get 24 this time as our offense is light years ahead of where it was two years ago, or we should be as long as the OL plays well.  They will no doubt be a good test for our offense though and my 24-14 prediction is assuming we play a good 4 quarter game and I probably have a little tint in my glasses hoping things go our way that game.  Since we have now proven we can win on the road, I think we will get it done.  Certainly wouldn't be surprised though if it was only 17-10 score however.