SiouxSports.com Forum

count down to kick off

Nodak78

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

The score was 13-3 two years ago, I can't remember....is that one of the games where the defense scored?  The defense scored a few times that year.  If we scored 13 on them two years ago, I think we can get 24 this time as our offense is light years ahead of where it was two years ago, or we should be as long as the OL plays well.  They will no doubt be a good test for our offense though and my 24-14 prediction is assuming we play a good 4 quarter game and I probably have a little tint in my glasses hoping things go our way that game.  Since we have now proven we can win on the road, I think we will get it done.  Certainly wouldn't be surprised though if it was only 17-10 score however.  

We scored on a long pa pass and a late pick 6. Other than that we couldn't manage squat on offense. Norberg was our primary RB so that tells you all you need to know.

21 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

We scored on a long pa pass and a late pick 6. Other than that we couldn't manage squat on offense. Norberg was our primary RB so that tells you all you need to know.

Oh ya that was the long pick 6 game.  I don't think I was able to watch that game for whatever reason, could only listen. That is a good reminder of how stout they were on defense, although our offense those first few games of 2014 was fairly pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Oh ya that was the long pick 6 game.  I don't think I was able to watch that game for whatever reason, could only listen. That is a good reminder of how stout they were on defense, although our offense those first few games of 2014 was fairly pathetic. 

You're being far too nice. Our offense was better with Joey Bradley at QB than it was at the beginning of that season.

I really like that we play at stony to open the season for many reasons:

1. Stony is a average to very good opponent that plays in a pretty competitive league (CAA).  

2. Playing away the first game gives the guys, namely newcomers and rookies that away time to bond with teammates.  They're not able to run to their dorm or apartment.  I loved that first away game....many many memories!! Your not as "tight" then if you were to open at home. Could just me I guess? 

3. Their style of play, plays right into our mojo!  Unds main concern  possibly is the cb position and they get a game where they won't be tested as much as BGSU.  Work out the cobwebs in this one. 

4. Simply......it's a very winnable occ game on the road for the committee to take notice. 

• Upvote 2