SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

Not a surprise, given we are in the conference playoffs for most leagues, but this is make or break weekend for many teams:

SCSU (18) @ UND (11T)

Vermont (15) @ BC (18)

Providence (11T) @ Notre Dame (13)

Winner stays alive, loser most likely can call it a season.

Not conference playoffs, but

Ohio State (17) @ Wisconsin (13)

Potential for a lot of movement this weekend in the PWR rankings.

8 hours ago, cberkas said:

A DU fan said Colorado College has been on a long downfall.

The light is starting to show at the end of the tunnel for CC.

5 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

There is still a lot of tunnel left, unfortunately.

I think that light is akin to a flashlight at the end of a four mile-long tunnel.  That team still has a LONG ways to go and I'm not convinced the current head coach is the answer.

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

I think that light is akin to a flashlight at the end of a four mile-long tunnel.  That team still has a LONG ways to go and I'm not convinced the current head coach is the answer.

I still hope Gwozdecky ends up there. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Wonder if/when Dane Jackson will get a head coaching gig? Think he might throw his name into the RPI hat?

Dan can help coach hockey players in Grand Forks ND or enginerds in Troy NY.  The choice should be obvious.  

4 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Wonder if/when Dane Jackson will get a head coaching gig? Think he might throw his name into the RPI hat?

I doubt it. I thought I read when Hak went to Philly, he wanted Dane to come and Dane turned it down. As much as I'm sure being a head coach is a goal of his,I would think you'd want the right program, which I don't see RPI as being.

18 hours ago, cberkas said:

A DU fan said Colorado College has been on a long downfall.

The light is starting to show at the end of the tunnel for CC.

I don't quite see the light. Yah, CC isn't getting blown out as much but LeClerc's amazing play in net is mascking CC's defensive woes. Even in close games or the rare win (UND), CC has been badly out-played and out-shot.

6 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I think a head coaching gig may well be in the future.   Don't see RPI as a fit at all.  His familiarity with their recruiting grounds can't be all that strong compared to other candidates.

Now, if the CC job opened up ...

3 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

I think a head coaching gig may well be in the future.   Don't see RPI as a fit at all.  His familiarity with their recruiting grounds can't be all that strong compared to other candidates.

Now, if the CC job opened up ...

Good point. And yes, if/when the CC job opens up, I'd be thrilled to get a guy like Jackson. If you look at CC's success from about '94-2012, their recruiting territory was very similar to that of UND's...western Canada and Minnesota.

18 hours ago, cberkas said:

I still think Mike Guentzel wasted his opportunity to be a head coach.

I can't recall where I heard it, but I'm pretty sure somebody said that Lucia is planning on handing the head coaching job to him in the near future. I can't remember where it was...I think it was somebody on KFAN a few weeks ago. Obviously no way to know if that's true or not, but I wouldn't doubt it one bit. I just don't see why Guentzel would have stayed at Minnesota otherwise.

• Upvote 1