SiouxSports.com Forum

The next Bracket

Fetch

I think the NCHC top three all have a good shot at the Frozen Four.   And since defense wins championships I gotta put UMD (who led the NCHC in goals allowed) as a strong contender.    Looks like some great matchups.

If it plays out as a Denver vs St Cloud semifinal, I would definitely stay to see (or come early).   Two of the best hockey clubs I've seen in a long while.   Just not as good as UND. :)

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

I think the NCHC top three all have a good shot at the Frozen Four.   And since defense wins championships I gotta put UMD (who led the NCHC in goals allowed) as a strong contender.    Looks like some great matchups.

If it plays out as a Denver vs St Cloud semifinal, I would definitely stay to see (or come early).   Two of the best hockey clubs I've seen in a long while.   Just not as good as UND. :)

I'm a long-time and huge Fighting Sioux fan but Denver ain't been half bad since the turn of the New Year.  Whether we play Denver, St Clown or even UMD (assuming they all make it) it will not be easy my man. I'm assuming "on paper" UMD will be the most motivated in light of fighting to make the NCAA tourney (where are they at in the PW?).

2 hours ago, GDPritch said:

I'm a long-time and huge Fighting Sioux fan but Denver ain't been half bad since the turn of the New Year.  Whether we play Denver, St Clown or even UMD (assuming they all make it) it will not be easy my man. I'm assuming "on paper" UMD will be the most motivated in light of fighting to make the NCAA tourney (where are they at in the PW?).

Duluth will need to sweep Miami. They are closer to #21 Robert Morris than they are to #12 Lowell. All those teams on the bubble are extremely close to each other and one loss will really hurt. Every team just behind them would need to be swept if UMD drops one game. I played around on CHN and if everything goes their way next weekend they could be #12 in the Pairwise. If all of the teams around them sweep, then Duluth could be in 14th even with a sweep of Miami. Once they are in Minneapolis, a 3rd or 2nd place finish could get them in but they may need to win it all to get in.

• Downvote 1

My how the mighty have fallen.  Omaha's season could end this weekend; can't see Denver losing their stride. 

I hope the top 4 teams get to the Target Center and that UND doesn't need to take this 1st Rd series to three games.  I don't know if the CC team UND is facing this weekend is the same team we saw here 7 weeks ago. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

My how the mighty have fallen.  Omaha's season could end this weekend; can't see Denver losing their stride. 

I hope the top 4 teams get to the Target Center and that UND doesn't need to take this 1st Rd series to three games.  I don't know if the CC team UND is facing this weekend is the same team we saw here 7 weeks ago. 

Twitter will be fun on Saturday night.

CC had about a 3 week stretch in January where they looked like they were improving and then went right back to what they have been for the last 2 years. Should never overlook an opponent, and I'm sure the boys aren't, but I don't see how CC takes a game from us this weekend. We are a lot better than them.

19 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

CC had about a 3 week stretch in January where they looked like they were improving and then went right back to what they have been for the last 2 years. Should never overlook an opponent, and I'm sure the boys aren't, but I don't see how CC takes a game from us this weekend. We are a lot better than them.

Agreed with this but I will be holding my breath at the games given a prepaid hotel room and Frozen Faceoff tickets await me the next weekend.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

The last two times that I have watched them play, they've been brutal.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Goon said:

The last two times that I have watched them play, they've been brutal.

I haven't watched them but any team that gives up 3 shorthanded goals on the same major penalty has to be playing brutally. I also think I saw that they split up that top line that wrecked us on the Friday at the Ralph.