SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS vs. DU Pioneers - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Have to give credit to Johnson for giving the team the chance to put this game away.  When this was still a tight context Johnson made a couple of very timely saves.   Brandt mentioned those as the time and he was right.....if Johnson doesn't make a couple of those big, timely saves this could have been a very different game.    Tip of the cap to Johnson...

• Upvote 1

Wow, Boeser has some hands.

I've been waiting for a sniper like that for years.  Crazy good shot.

Three solid points against a good DU team.  They will show up tomorrow, plus a leading scorer, so we need to come ready to play.

Congrats to Pogo for tipping one in...it's good to see his efforts pay off.  

And that's the way it is.  CBS.

• Upvote 1

Poganski looked as good as he has in a while which was good to see hopefully a few others can start to break out of their slumps like Gersich, Wilkie, LJ, and Chyzk and make this team more dangerous than it already is. The team defense was great not many good chances at all for Denver and when they did get a decent chance Cam was solid. Gonna need another good performance to get the sweep I would expect a little more physicality and after the whistle stuff tomorrow night. Loved that the fans loudly booed anytime the fighting hawks name was announced and then chanted Sioux Forever.  

• Upvote 1

Oh & Go Sioux & I always said all the fuss over the new name would never change how the Hockey Fans feel & once again Fhawk u know who - it's way to early to expect that to change & hopefully I'm dead & gone before it does :unsure::huh::blink::0 :xmas:

Geez, no doubt...at this rate, who knows.Can you imagine a line next year of Boeser, Schmaltz, and Jost?

He's gotta be a better skater. I think that keeps him here one more year, at least. The rest of the game, including his effort on defense and backchecking, is truly elite.

Giving my honest opinion:

I'm starting to absolutely hate this "Fighting Sioux" forever nonsense. I sat next to fellow students who I asked what they voted for, "Fighting Hawks because it was the best option," they replied. 

All of a sudden, "Fighting Hawks at full strength!" And those same students boo'd. Are you f***king kidding me????? Is that a practical joke?? You vote for a name then boo your school and your team??? I can't stand it. I didn't vote for F-Hawks in any rounds of voting, but I accept that's what the majority voted for. I'll cheer for Fighting Hawks, Roughriders, NoDaks, hell I'd even cheer for Sundogs if that's what the majority voted for. 

This is done, the school moved on. You may stick to Fighting Sioux, but the school is moving forward. Don't boo your alma mater, your favorite team. Cheer for UND. Be an adult. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Poganski looked as good as he has in a while which was good to see hopefully a few others can start to break out of their slumps like Gersich, Wilkie, LJ, and Chyzk and make this team more dangerous than it already is. The team defense was great not many good chances at all for Denver and when they did get a decent chance Cam was solid. Gonna need another good performance to get the sweep I would expect a little more physicality and after the whistle stuff tomorrow night. Loved that the fans loudly booed anytime the fighting hawks name was announced and then chanted Sioux Forever.  

Pogo was a MONSTER tonight. Drew the first two penalties and was huge in front. Great job from 14.

• Upvote 1