SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS vs. DU Pioneers - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

I recall that very clearly.   It's gotten to the point where opponents are giving all three of those guys space on the PP (and even 5 on 5), knowing each one of them can get out just about any one-man pressure and dish the puck.  There's three guys who can maintain possession on the ice at one time (and two top notch Dmen behind them).  Oshie and Toews could maintain possession, and Duncan could snipe, but those guys as a threesome could not maintain like these three.   I'd say Toews could use his reach and skills to maintain better than any of them, but as a threesome I'll take CBS.    Schmaltz is getting to look more like P Kane every game.  There's a world of difference between D1 hockey and the NHL, I know, but he's certainly getting there. 

Of the three, Boeser might have the most to learn on defense, but they excel on D as well.   As was the case with DOT, you better enjoy what you are seeing while you can, because this doesn't come around that often.   

Excellent point about all three holding place on the PP. Idk if I ever seen puck possession on a PP like these three get.

In my opinion, Schmaltz is the best player on the ice whenever he's on the ice and that includes his line. His vision is truly special. Always in the right spot and sees plays way before anyone else does. He's the best passer I've ever seen at the college level.

And for the bolded part -- ABSOLUTELY. This line is really, really special. Get ya popcorn ready, right siouxstudent? ;)