SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UW - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Nice to get a win and salvage a split. After watching Wisconsin this weekend, they definitely look better than last year but I suppose that wouldn't take much.

If other teams underestimate Wisco, they'll be in for a surprise just like North Dakota was.

You play North Dakota, being the #1 team in the country, at the Ralph, you get the other teams best efforts. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wisconsin suck again this year.

That pass from Schmaltz to Caggiula was a thing of beauty

It was, absolutely.  I did not appreciate it at game speed, but watching the slow motion replay, it was clear that he worked hard on the boards against bigger players, and was heads-up in 5-holing the oncoming defender to feed Cags.  That was really, really nice.

You play North Dakota, being the #1 team in the country, at the Ralph, you get the other teams best efforts. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wisconsin suck again this year.

I don't think that will happen if they keep Kunin.   And I wouldn't lay it on us being number one.  Wisconsin typically plays us well, and they have some very talented freshmen that apparently have been getting better with each series.  Of course, badger fans are conflicted about whether a severe suckfest is about the only way to get Alvarez off the dime on Eaves.

It was, absolutely.  I did not appreciate it at game speed, but watching the slow motion replay, it was clear that he worked hard on the boards against bigger players, and was heads-up in 5-holing the oncoming defender to feed Cags.  That was really, really nice.

That was the Simonson Gersich goal, which was also a very nice effort play. 

A split isn't the end of the world for sure but hopefully the boys learned nothing is a given.  If we were told that we would have a 7-1-2 record now before the season started most of us would've been quite happy.  Especially with this young team.  Focus now on Miami...

This young of a team, running on the third string practice goalie? Yeah, I'll take it.

• Upvote 1

This young of a team, running on the third string practice goalie? Yeah, I'll take it.

I think that "third string practice goalie" is better than anybody ever imagined. He was overlooked because of his lack of size (kind of like the volunteer goalie coach!) and is proving that he belongs at this level. Berry is going to have some tough decisions to make pretty soon.

I think that "third string practice goalie" is better than anybody ever imagined. He was overlooked because of his lack of size (kind of like the volunteer goalie coach!) and is proving that he belongs at this level. Berry is going to have some tough decisions to make pretty soon.

i dont even think it's that tough of a decision. matt is the guy. maybe tomek can spell him every now and then but matt's proven he should be the guy until (if) he starts slipping